Author Topic: v Morpeth  (Read 4323 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Morpeth
« on: January 15, 2022, 04:45:58 PM »
3 - 3, although the Twitter site is now showing 4 - 3 - why do we struggle against these lower teams, anybody know?? because it's a mystery to me!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 04:52:33 PM by Ernie100 »

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: v Morpeth
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 04:54:14 PM »
We also truffle against top 10 teams in our league too. Unable to beat any of them.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 05:02:06 PM »
We struggle against anyone don't we? Stick 11 blokes on a pitch against us and it's very likely they'll turn us over!

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 05:12:12 PM »
4 goals conceded against a team a league below is is not good. New manager needs to kick backsides and move players out

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 05:34:31 PM »
Disgraceful, we need a manager who has the bottle to dump some of these prima donnas and quickly and get some lads in who want to play for this club. Also I question if many of them are good enough even for this standard. Last week Joe Leesley stated many of the squad were "good enough to play in the league above and beyond" and therein lies the problem, they think they only have to turn up and we should be grateful we have them. Well I say get a new manager in with the courage and ability to sort this lot out and get some young hungry lads who will buy in to progressing this club by giving their all.  UTP

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 05:46:06 PM »
Very well said Oxo. I think we're all royally fed up with this lot.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 05:48:57 PM »
Agree oxo. Paul Green said in the after match interview that the players ‘had given everything’. Clearly that is not enough to get results in the league or against a lower league club. He also mentioned he was not happy with the refereeing about four times. That’s just a get out

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 07:00:27 PM »
Said a few weeks ago that we have mid table mediocrity to look forward to for the remainder of the season. Need a manager in that will clear out a few out.
We aren’t in a great place, only one decent defender. 2 or 3 decent midfielders in the squad and Elliott plus Wright up front. All the betting lot can go. That leaves us with about 7 quality players.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 09:04:59 PM »
And to cap it all Jake Wright Jnr sent off after the final whistle. Unbelievable!!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 10:17:45 PM »
Hate posting negative quotes. However if Green who I rate so highly on the pitch says they have given everything than they clearly aren’t good enough. Four goals conceded is awful. As a club we take decent numbers away to games but today our normal lads  literally had no interest.  Feel for Craig let down by players and guys who knew they had gambled and it would catch up with them. Then players who tell the fans they could do this that and the other in a league above  and then slag the people who do a four hundred mile round trip is not on.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 09:09:13 AM »
I am broadly in agreement with Oxo. The plain and simple truth is that all 12 [sic] Morpeth men wanted to win more than us. Setting aside the contribution of the referee which was signidicant IMO, there were many deeper issues evident. Watched the warm up in detail and Leesley very vocal almost in manager mode. This carried over into the game with JL berating Duxbury at every twist and turn which saw some unpleasantry exchanged between the two. Duxbury then proceeded to have an awful game and was caught napping at the back on multiple occasions. Leesley was little better despite his assertions of 'coach' status and this led me to feel he is quite a disruptive influence in the squad. Elsewhere there was the usual sloppiness in defending (allowing several well crafted/grafted Morpeth goals) and despite the 3 goals in our favour a lack of urgency and speed in building moves from the back that allowed them to get men behind the ball and defend doggedly. Yes it was a good cup tie with a nice high scoreline and a decent crowd but it is not a game that we should have lost. Disappointingly I see the same attitudes and behaviours now that I saw in the CE days. Nothing has changed. The chairman needs to find us a powerful and charismatic manager who is going to be less nice in the dressing room, concentrate on getting players with sheer will, motivation and determination in the first instance and be be prepared to ship out where he sees these characteristics lacking, even if this means we lose some players with higher technical skill levels. Mindset trumps absolute skill most of the time. I would finally add that having 5 players intermittently out with gambling dodginess in one small squad has also hampered team stability and those players have also contributed. 

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2022, 09:23:49 AM »
It's going to take a big character to take this on as Prof says. Billy Heath anyone??

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2022, 09:34:59 AM »
I didn't go to the game yesterday, but Prof's comments about Leesley do not surprise me (alas) given my observations at other matches.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2022, 10:05:04 AM »
These sort of situations can produce loose cannons. I am yet to be convinced that the timing of Craig’s dismissal (whatever your view of him) and the loss of all the coaching staff, had a positive effect on yesterday and the chances (in their entirety) of us winning and progressing in this competition. It’s like we’re adrift without genuine leadership, so no surprise. Just my view.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2022, 02:00:31 PM »
sack em all get scouts out 2 boston town sleaford spalding deeping and skegness town  :) :) ;) >:(