Author Topic: Evans gone!  (Read 2321 times)

southender

• View Profile
Evans gone!
« on: January 09, 2022, 04:52:27 PM »
Gillingham have today announced that they have terminated the contract of Steve Evans by mutual consent. Steve said that if you look at the league table while standing on your head he leaves them a healthy 3rd in the table, Meanwhile David Newton has announced that the deadline for applications for the Boston manager's job has been brought forward to yesterday.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Evans gone!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 05:50:50 PM »
Gillingham have today announced that they have terminated the contract of Steve Evans by mutual consent. Steve said that if you look at the league table while standing on your head he leaves them a healthy 3rd in the table, Meanwhile David Newton has announced that the deadline for applications for the Boston manager's job has been brought forward to yesterday.
Lol! Stranger things have happened in the game, but Evans & Raynor back at Boston United..? Interesting to see where next they are appointed though.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 07:31:42 PM »
Stevenage

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 07:35:27 PM »
I don't think even Evans would have the gall to send in an application. As to where he surfaces next, we know the sort of owners he prefers....

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 07:52:40 PM »
Can you imagine having him back.   Then again the crocked &@“; has been successful at a lot of places.

southender

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 08:17:18 PM »
My initial post was obviously tongue in cheek but I don't think he will be coming back as he probably still sees his future in the Football League, Plus I don't think David Newton would want to waste 15 years of restoring our reputation and building the future to throw it away on him.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 10:13:21 PM »
Stevenage

Paul Tisdale has not long been appointed...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 09:03:04 PM »
I’ve deliberately steered clear of anything to do with Fatty Mcfraud since he virtually destroyed the club I love.
So can anyone tell me what success he has had?

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 09:30:38 PM »
I think he managed 3 hot dogs in under 60 seconds. No mean feat.