Author Topic: v Morpeth  (Read 4344 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Morpeth
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 10:33:55 AM »
Sacking Elliott worked then!

Also, the whole "clear everyone out" thing: where are we going to get a raft of new signings from in January, exactly? Anyone half decent will be under contract elsewhere. We're stuck with what we've got, I'm afraid.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 04:36:57 PM »
And also prospective managers might not want to come in January if they feel they are likely to be judged on someone else's signings, with limited opportunity to change the playing staff round.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 07:24:00 PM »
Did hear a rumour that the BUSA bus had picked up Gazza on the way back from Morpeth! Any truth in that? Probably no more than Evans & Raynor having another go here. I know it is even more unlikely to happen, but what is Neil Thompson up to these days? A great guy who was done an injustice by the club back in 2004.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2022, 08:43:41 AM »
And also prospective managers might not want to come in January if they feel they are likely to be judged on someone else's signings, with limited opportunity to change the playing staff round.

Very true.

It might be that we just leave Green to limp us to summer then have a clear out.

As Duncan Browne wrote the other day though - with Newton, expect the unexpected.