Author Topic: Elliott gone!  (Read 9261 times)

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
Re: Elliott gone!
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2022, 04:27:53 PM »
I think what Craig would have found frustrating was that sort of regular vitriol from the usual suspects transferred onto the players and their confidence/performance. My guest on Sunday couldn’t believe it. Some of it was embarrassing. Well they got what they wanted - next victim please (preferably older with much thicker skin). The Alfreton manager would give plenty back and face people out so maybe not be such a bad idea…

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2022, 05:09:03 PM »
Indeed. There's a difference between booing and some of the crap that fans say to managers. We've all heard it.

Funny, some Boston fans gave Heath an earful at Alfreton at the 1-1 a while back, he just laughed in their face and said "How many times have I stopped you lot getting promoted? Two? Three? I’ve lost count."

When you think back to a lot of our managers post PL, they've been a bit "nice". Elliott, Murray, Lee etc have all had to sit there and take dog's abuse from the stands, and one day - perhaps very soon - we'll get someone in who won't just sit there and take it.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2022, 06:08:04 PM »
Fully agree. I do hope this is a consideration when choosing the next manager (if he’s not already been chosen, which is likely).

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2022, 07:07:21 PM »
We need Rob Scott. He will put them in there place. Unsure about the team management but he isn't scared of mouthy fans

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2022, 07:44:48 PM »
It's the first time I can remember when I'm not sure of my emotions when a manager has left. The booing on Sunday was not good. We all have opinions about tactics/performance etc, but I shall never boo my own team (relatively silent resignation is what I do!). I sit not far from the home dugout, and one bloke on his way out at the end of the game was more or less frothing at the mouth with his bellowed vitriol directed towards CE. Completely unnecessary. After Stratford had deservedly got the draw with us, a few supporters were completely out of order in the abuse they directed towards one of the Stratford coaching team after the game. I felt embarrassed to be a Pilgrim at that moment and wanted to apologize to him. I suppose all clubs have unpleasant supporters.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2022, 11:53:10 PM »
It's the first time I can remember when I'm not sure of my emotions when a manager has left. The booing on Sunday was not good. We all have opinions about tactics/performance etc, but I shall never boo my own team (relatively silent resignation is what I do!)........

Fully agree with that and feel just the same.
United we stand..................

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2022, 09:00:05 AM »
Right decision for me. It's a hard one but performances haven't been good, we've had no consistency all season and don't look like we've gone forward. I liked Craig, always thought he came across well and certainly worked hard but it's a results business and he wasn't really getting them this season. Gateshead, Chester and Stratford were all horrendous performances and although I wasn't at Leamington people there have said similar.

It's a tough one but Tuesday night most people have vented some concerns, not all wanted the manager gone but all were unhappy with the recent results and performances so it's probably not a bad thing. Interesting week ahead now.

pilgriminexile

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2022, 05:54:35 PM »
I think our chairman has made the right at the right time ,best of luck to CE for the future.
For me ,culverhouse or heath would seem logical ,but I work with a peterborough sports fan and he mentioned their manager as a possible ,Jimmy  Dean .

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2022, 09:04:12 PM »
https://www.lincolnshireworld.com/sport/football/no-bitterness-or-anger-craig-elliott-discusses-his-boston-united-exit-3516632

I stick to my original statement that something wasn't quite right and the performances at times way below our true capability; and always back the Chairman without whom we simply would not exist today (let alone a fabulous new stadium). Notwithstanding, a very noble and above all else dignified exit interview from Craig - a fundamentally nice bloke. He'll be snapped up and deserves to be. Wish him the very best and a new challenge. Hope to see him again on the circuit.

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2022, 11:09:01 AM »
I think our chairman has made the right at the right time ,best of luck to CE for the future.
For me ,culverhouse or heath would seem logical ,but I work with a peterborough sports fan and he mentioned their manager as a possible ,Jimmy  Dean .
Dean was linked to the Kings Lynn job recently. He has a major shareholding in PS so I would think that could stop him moving on.

Blue is the Colour

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2022, 11:11:30 AM »
I think what Craig would have found frustrating was that sort of regular vitriol from the usual suspects transferred onto the players and their confidence/performance. My guest on Sunday couldn’t believe it. Some of it was embarrassing. Well they got what they wanted - next victim please (preferably older with much thicker skin). The Alfreton manager would give plenty back and face people out so maybe not be such a bad idea…
In that case Culverhouse is not the man.He's been known to openly criticise supporters than boo his players.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2022, 12:24:19 PM »
No problem with that BITC. It needs addressing. In any case, he’s been in the main stand and no doubt seen it himself!  ;)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2022, 11:46:23 AM »
I have waited a few days before commenting on this thread.  I agree something was/isn't right within the camp.  Loads of things going on we are not privy to.  Obviously DN was aware of these problems and acted.

As I said previously, either CE had his tactics wrong or the players were ignoring them.  It was obvious that CE had lost the changing room, if things are to be believed concerning comments aimed at CE from Leesley.

The Alfreton game was a carbon copy of the Brackley match.  Hoof ball in the first half, better 2nd half playing through the midfield.  I can't believe CE made the same mistake twice.  Perhaps that is what made DN's mind up.  Anyway, what is done is done.  Onwards and upwards.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late