Author Topic: Elliott gone!  (Read 9285 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Elliott gone!
« on: January 04, 2022, 04:36:36 PM »
See club website....

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Elliott gone!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 04:39:44 PM »
Didn't expect that. Felt he was getting close to being on the brink but thought he had more "credit" in the bank than he obviously did.

It's a terrible shame. Decent bloke. Gutted it's ended like this.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 04:45:01 PM »
Yes, I agree it's a shame in that he's always come across as a very decent bloke (and I didn't think he'd go at the moment either). I can't pretend that I haven't been frustrated by our playing style and performances this season (and one of his assistants has irritated me no end since I've been sitting near the dug out!), but whatever the failings he certainly leaves us in a better position than when he came in.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 05:22:33 PM »
Culverhouse and Bastock on their way ?

Freo71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 06:54:16 PM »
Seriously Culverhouse and Bastock  ??? They together won 2 out of their last 17 together , we need to go forward not backwards

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 07:02:22 PM »
Didnt they also take KL to back to back Promotions including winning the League we are trying to get out of.

Came to York Street two years back and stuck a 3-0 into us as well, playing a pleasing on the eye brand of Football

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 07:14:47 PM »
Always sad when someone loses their job but always back the Chestnuts too. I sensed time was not on Craig's side but did not know how much fuse had been burned through. Don't forget Den's Magic is only a stone's throw away at Grantham Town (who admittedly are not doing too well). Drury is also close by and I suspect a different proposition to last time he had a go (admittedly that was dismal at the time). Well...at least on paper there may be some credible applicants to shortlist from.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 07:29:13 PM »
None of those for me. Wilkin if we can.

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 07:39:48 PM »
Wilkin for me to. Proved his quality season after season.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 07:44:49 PM »
Drury is doing a good job at Stamford (I see them now and then) but he's had his chance and we need someone who knows our level and how to get out of it (preferably upwards!).

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 07:58:11 PM »
Drury - you must be joking. No.
Wilkin - really? Why would he leave Brackley when they're top of the league? Also - we train in Doncaster. That's a heck of a commute if he's based down that way.
Culverhouse/Bazza - sure, they got Lynn up when flush with cash but were in the process of chucking away the league when Covid bailed them out, plus were hopeless in the league above once the cash dried up. Is he really that good?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2022, 08:15:46 PM »
Jim Gannon. His teams always got better as the season went on. Seems like he can really make players better. 4 kr 5 successive improvements with Stockport before they binned him off

Shame he'll not trail out to Boston though

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 09:39:12 PM »
I reckon there's only 1 Conference North manager in the top half who we'd both accept and he'd come - Paul Cox, at Kettering. Wilkin would be perfect, but he must be midlands/southern-based. No thanks to Billy Heath.

Does DN go down a level or 2 like with CE? A left-field appointment would be Adam Stevens from Coalville (who's assisted by Danny Davidson...). Got Grantham to within 90 minutes of Conference North football a few seasons ago, and Coalville are 2nd in their division the level below ours right now.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2022, 09:46:13 PM »
Mixed feelings, seemed like a decent bloke, but sometimes the tactics looked all wrong. And sometimes they were spot on. Funny old game,  mainly luck, difficult enough getting players to come here in the first place, and then the pandemic disrupts a half decent season.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2022, 09:46:59 PM »
Surely must be northern
based. Not sure of the circumstances earlier in the season but could I throw Andy Butler - ex Doncaster in the ring???