Author Topic: Elliott gone!  (Read 9291 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Elliott gone!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2022, 09:49:50 PM »
Surely must be northern
based. Not sure of the circumstances earlier in the season but could I throw Andy Butler - ex Doncaster in the ring???

He's walked out on us already this season, why wouldn't we go back?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2022, 10:29:47 PM »
Something makes me very uncomfortable about this. In the play offs, last 32 of the FA Trophy and big players to return from either injury, suspension or Covid. Craig seems to be a man of integrity (they haven’t all been). Fans can also be turned off by this sort of treatment, as can I assume possible managers worth anything.
Not for the first time in my 50 years of supporting Boston United, I am shaking my head. He deserved longer and better than he received today (and the way over the top anger on Sunday). I don’t feel proud of my club today..

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2022, 10:33:56 PM »
We don't yet know the circumstances of his departure..........

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2022, 10:50:49 PM »

Indeed, the short statement wasn't definitive.

"Boston United have regrettably parted company with first team manager Craig Elliott"

Doesn't say he walked, doesn't say he was pushed, doesn't say it was mutual.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2022, 08:05:12 AM »
A complete outsider but Cedric Anselin, the former Norwich City player, would be one for the shortlist. Did wonders at Norwich United bringing us close to promotion which was only denied by the 2019-2020 season being voided. He is now working as an occasional football summariser on BBC Radio Norfolk.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 08:07:17 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2022, 08:55:54 AM »
Is Ced fully recovered from his Health issues to take charge of a Football Club?

Another name to throw into the mix.   Jimmy Dean
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 08:57:32 AM by semion »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2022, 10:09:14 AM »

Indeed, the short statement wasn't definitive.

"Boston United have regrettably parted company with first team manager Craig Elliott"

Doesn't say he walked, doesn't say he was pushed, doesn't say it was mutual.

I think the statement made by Rich the GK coach on Twitter stating, bluntly, he wasn't hanging around to learn his fate suggests that it was indeed just a straightforward sacking.

Cedric Anselin - so the highest level he's managed is the Eastern Counties? You wouldn't sack Elliott to take a punt on that level of inexperience.

As for Andy Butler, quite apart from him already walking out on us once - what exactly are his managerial credentials apart from a stint as caretaker at Rovers? He was a set piece coach at Peterborough and they let him go. Hardly a thrilling CV is it? If Andy Butler is your best option, again, you'd stick it out with Elliott.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 10:14:31 AM by Pete B »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2022, 10:21:21 AM »
Andy Butler was caretaker manager of Doncaster Rovers for a while, and is still manager of Doncaster Rovers Belles, the womens' side.

Another name to throw into the mix.   Jimmy Dean

Big budget manager. Doesn't he live on the south coast somewhere? Wouldn't be ideal.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2022, 10:31:51 AM »
You wouldn't sack Elliott to hire the manager of Doncaster Belles, nor for someone who was caretaker for a bit and did.... alright. The whole point is to improve on Elliott, and neither of those jobs screams "I'm ready to lead a club to glory in the National League North"

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 11:02:17 AM »
We will have to wait and see if David Newton has someone lined up. Brackleys manager would be my first choice. 2nd would be Billy Heath, no one gives him enough credit, horrible team to play against and don’t think it’s all hoofball as both Ferriby and Alfreton had/have skilful players that open up defences not just lump it up to the big man. Both a Denton and Rhead type would walk into our team and imagine Elliott and Wright playing off that type of player.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2022, 11:47:44 AM »
Doesn't even sound like David Newton's convinced himself he's made the right call, reading that!

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2022, 02:34:20 PM »
Paul Green in charge for the time being.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2022, 03:22:19 PM »
 get rid of the boo boys  and there filthy mouths they are so called fans in little groups all around the ground players shoude point them out fans as well lets name and shame them i think thats wot elliott may be fed up with

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2022, 03:43:52 PM »
I don't mind people booing managers if they're not happy - free country and all that.

I think what's clear from the reaction to the sacking yesterday was that the fans are split about this - there's a vocal contingent who wanted him gone, just as they wanted Greene gone, but I'd say an equal number were surprised and saddened to see him go now. Can't really say that about any of the other managers we've got rid off.