Author Topic: Alfreton [HOME] 2022  (Read 3393 times)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Alfreton [HOME] 2022
« on: January 02, 2022, 08:12:54 PM »
Three hours after the final whistle, and no posts?

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton [HOME] 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 08:15:15 PM »
I’ve given up, all my enthusiasm has been drained fresh me. Mid table mediocrity on its way.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 09:06:45 PM »
Had a great day out food beers etc. However just looked at the GD we are in the playoff position with a negative goal difference which is ridiculous. Hate to say it as want to support the management but that’s not good enough. I expect that bottom of the league but not on the play offs. Have to say Rhead was quality run the game. Lounge as ever was quality but need the entertainment to match that.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 11:01:21 PM »
A few weeks ago we were playing well. Losing Wright and Burrows has been a massive negative for us in my opinion. 

TEP

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 08:27:58 AM »
Par for the course at this point.

Rubbish performance, rubbish tactics and rubbish management.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 01:39:17 PM »
Like many others I hate to criticise the manager or players but what we are seeing really is not good enough. The chairman has backed the manager all the way and backed his judgement on recruiting so what has gone so wrong? Clearly there are some good players but they do not play as a team, it raises the question what do they do at training? and exactly how many actually attend training in Doncaster and are some allowed to train on there own or elsewhere? there appears to be no coordination to the pattern of play with our better players having nobody to pass to and no alternative other than to pass sideways or back thus little momentum. What happened to the promise of an odd training session at Boston for the fans to watch and get to know players?
I will be at Gloucester on saturday but any more of the same and I will struggle to find the enthusiasm to keep travelling and I fear the great support we have had recently will quickly drain away. I trust the Chairman and board to do what is needed to get our club up and running like it should be and will always back their decisions.  UTP

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 02:07:07 PM »
It’s plain to see that our management team are out of their depth. Of the top 7 teams we have played we haven’t won any of the games, we’ve drawn 1 lost 6 and conceded 18 goals. We’ve only won 1 game against a top 10 side. I just can’t see that is anywhere near good enough.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 02:08:24 PM »
A couple of months ago I posted that if Utd were not in a play-off position at New Year, CE should be dismissed. We are just hanging on to 7th spot, so I will not repeat my demand for his sacking.
I shall be truly amazed[and delighted] if we finish in the top 5. I give us a 50/50 chance of 6th or 7th place if the injury list clears up and the squad stays healthy.
We have now lost as many as we have won and our GD is rubbish. A large part of our "Goals For"have been penalties. We must improve.
The trains out of New St. are being cancelled all the time because of staff shortages, so my trip to Gloucester is looking iffy. I will check on Saturday morning though.

UTP

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 08:16:49 PM »
IMO, the scoreline flattered us. Yes, one superb strike from the incredibly in form Jordan Preston. But my son right behind the goal and a qualified ref said it was no way a penalty. Even if it was, Danny Elliott has to do more than just put away penalties for us. Apart from the Preston goal and maybe the resilience and tenacity of Dewhurst, it was universally poor again. Back 3 ragged and often leaving a man behind to play them onside. Too many fairly impressive early surges upfield with pace and penetration fizzle out with back passes or a series of passes around the edges of the box, that eventually give defences time to reorg and ultimately move after move breaks down. There is a lack of urgency in the play. Something isn't right. Something is far from right, when (judging by the ahem 'lyrics' of the songs) it is clear you have lost the incredibly loyal Town End for large swathes of the 90 minutes.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 11:48:56 PM »
I think we have better players than Alfreton apart from the no 7 Yusifu Ceesay but what they lacked in quality they more than made up for in effort and commitment, as the saying goes Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. I think the player we have could work harder from the start not wate until we are 2 goals down before they get stuck in. Passing sideways and backwards allows them to regroup. 

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 08:55:14 AM »
Interesting to see the difference in managers. Billy Health very vocal, animated. Having a go at their players even when 3 - 1 up. Craig was stood more often than not with his hand on his chin.

Do the after match interviews with Craig take longer to appear when we’ve played badly than when we’ve won?

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2022, 01:20:08 PM »
Sack em all

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 02:03:39 PM »
But my son right behind the goal and a qualified ref said it was no way a penalty.

It was, Willis put an arm out, didn't get the ball and Lessley made sure he got contact and went over. Willis gave the option for the ref to give it, when he should just have left it alone.

Do the after match interviews with Craig take longer to appear when we’ve played badly than when we’ve won?

No they take longer when the next day is a Bank Holiday 😉 Craig S has a lot to do on a matchday, and I imagine releasing the interviews is last on his list, hence why they get sorted the next morning (when working)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2022, 03:15:50 PM »
But my son right behind the goal and a qualified ref said it was no way a penalty.

It was, Willis put an arm out, didn't get the ball and Lessley made sure he got contact and went over. Willis gave the option for the ref to give it, when he should just have left it alone.

No they take longer when the next day is a Bank Holiday 😉 Craig S has a lot to do on a matchday, and I imagine releasing the interviews is last on his list, hence why they get sorted the next morning (when working)

It was also Mrs Singleton's birthday; he definitely had better things to do than spend time editing and uploading that nonsense!