Author Topic: Totally outplayed  (Read 3896 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
Totally outplayed
« on: December 28, 2021, 05:35:50 PM »
Yet again we were shown wanting by a top 6 team. Abysmal first half and a little better second half.

One village team chasing promotion and the other who will struggle to make the play offs.

Batistuta

• View Profile
Re: Totally outplayed
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 05:49:58 PM »
Can see why they're top. We offered little threat and they moved up the gears when they needed to.

We had a RB playing LCB, a LW playing LWB and two wingers playing up top. Talk about square pegs and round holes, hopefully this is the slow death of this 3 at the back sh*t.

No penetration, sideways and backwards passing with some players that don't look like they've got a clue what they're doing or how to break down a good team.

Sh*t display, sh*t food and to the guy shouting their players calling them "puffs" you can get in the bin too. That's any away trips back off the menu as well.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 05:52:12 PM by Batistuta »

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 05:59:48 PM »
Can’t agree with all of that. We were definitely not at our best but had some decent spells and 2-3 very good chances. We were beaten by a better side who are top of the league. It shows how much we miss Jake Wright and the bench looked lean..

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 06:13:30 PM »
That's fair enough but:

- watching Leesley offer nothing and cause errors because he doesn't communicate with anyone (for example with Gordon in the second half) when we have a LB on the bench

- Tootle not being able to offer an overlap going forward because he's right footed so all the play goes down the inside rather than round the outside

Kinda seals it for me. They scored twice because we looked inept defensively (with an extra defender on the pitch!) Whilst they looked comfortable with us having the ball and scrape a goal from a penalty before deciding to kill the game off when we stuck Shiels up front.

Yes we missed some sitters but look who and where they fell to. Fraser who could only go with his weak foot and Jordan who had to go with his weak foot.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 06:23:35 PM by Batistuta »

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 08:52:51 PM »
Agree with most of the comments. The sad thing is that there were about 400 to 500 first time Boston supporters there this season who witnessed a poor display and won’t have seen anything to encourage them to come back again.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 09:02:34 AM »
The last few games I had hope we would be a serious contender.  But yesterday showed our limitations in both our players and management team. We reverted to the long ball in the first half.  With no target man we played into their hands. We did not win one header until a minute before half time.  I know we had to juggle the players around, but stick to the plan that has seen us put in improved performances.  Second half was a little better, but we can't keep missing sitters.  I agree many will not return.  With the Stratford FA cup embarrassment and yesterday's poor performance, the club will be thousands down in revenue.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 02:19:23 PM »
 sak em all put an advert in local paper 4 plays and see wot comes along

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 02:48:40 PM »
That's fair enough but:

- watching Leesley offer nothing and cause errors because he doesn't communicate with anyone (for example with Gordon in the second half) when we have a LB on the bench

- Tootle not being able to offer an overlap going forward because he's right footed so all the play goes down the inside rather than round the outside

Kinda seals it for me. They scored twice because we looked inept defensively (with an extra defender on the pitch!) Whilst they looked comfortable with us having the ball and scrape a goal from a penalty before deciding to kill the game off when we stuck Shiels up front.

Yes we missed some sitters but look who and where they fell to. Fraser who could only go with his weak foot and Jordan who had to go with his weak foot.

If we're playing 3 at the back, once all available, we should be looking at Duxbury as left centre back, and Leake as wing back. Tootle can fight with Rollins and Ferguson for right wing-back, then we have Shiels/Garner/Gordon for 2 other centre back positions.

One of Fraser Preston's chances was with his left foot but he took it from one side of the goal to the other and couldn't drag it back enough to get it on target - poor miss.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 06:56:19 PM »
We were without  some decent players and pushed a table topping side all the way
ok first half not the best but made a fist of it second half and maybe deserved a draw at least.
Dewhurst only really had a peno to save second half..
Paul Green Big Miss
Jake Wright jnr Big Miss
Jordan Burrows Big Miss
Scott Garner Big Miss
Scott Duxberry
Jay Rollins Andi Thanoj Jake Wright snr

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 09:08:27 PM »
According to Brackleys manager they had a lot of players out as well.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 10:23:30 PM »
Craig said it was ‘ a good performance, harsh done by, controlled the game for long periods’

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 09:55:27 AM »
According to Brackleys manager they had a lot of players out as well.

They had 2 players out. Both Described as key players but i just had a look at there last 6 line ups and i think i would use the term of making the squad more than key players

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 01:04:00 PM »
Craig Singleton said on commentary they were missing their primary centreback (I forget his name) who he reckons is the best in the league. So maybe not quite fringe...

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2021, 08:38:44 PM »
Listened to Craig Elliotts after game interview and can sympathise with the players that are missing. I agree we were better in the second half but to say we were unlucky not to get something from the game is bonkers.

Lost 3-1, plus Brackley had a penalty saved and had one disallowed, it could of been 5 - 1 which wouldn’t have been unjust. Really worried that we will make the playoffs now.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2021, 09:40:55 PM »
5-1 is a bit extreme but for me they were clearly the better side and deserved the win.

Sounds like the way Elliott's we need a big lad to come in and play the Burrow role....not the sort of player you'd get from a Championship side on loan at 18/19 years old!

Can someone talk DN into getting the cheque book out and getting Ndlovu from Brackley?!