Author Topic: Kidderminster first goal  (Read 1958 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kidderminster first goal
« on: December 14, 2021, 10:56:00 AM »
I have just seen the highlights of the game on Saturday.  Gordon was blocked whilst trying to cover the run of Penny.  A definite foul right in front of the referee.  We complain about the officials every season, but I think this season they have got worse.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster first goal
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 11:34:19 AM »
Think I'm more upset by the atrocious error for the second if I'm being honest

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 02:33:12 PM »
Kiddy are a full-time outfit. I can almost guarentee that they have specific "blocking" sessions in training. Sometimes the ref spots them, most times he doesn't.
As for the second goal, it vividly reminded me of Germany's goal against England in the 1990 World Cup. Didn't Shilton look a right mug when the ball dropped into the net! Our young goalie panicked a bit, but I'll bet he won't make the same mistake twice.
The overwhelming conclusion from the highlights was we should have been 3 goals up at half-time. Excellent goalkeeping and some poor finishing.

UTP

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 02:42:05 PM »

I still thought it went over ;D ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 11:02:23 PM »

Agree. At the time I was wondering what the hell had happened and how the ball had gone in but having since watched it back a few times it's a very poor error from someone who has really been superb since joining us.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 08:47:09 AM »

Agree. At the time I was wondering what the hell had happened and how the ball had gone in but having since watched it back a few times it's a very poor error from someone who has really been superb since joining us.

Never mind. He'll be back to his parent club in January and we can look forward to signing our 1,458th goalkeeper of the Craig Elliott era on another month-long deal...

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 10:33:45 AM »
I haven't watched the highlights yet, but he's already saved us on enough occasions to suggest that he has a good future. He's also keen to get the play going as soon as he gets the ball, which is another plus point.