Author Topic: Away fans seating  (Read 3497 times)

Harriers9

• View Profile
    • Harriers Online
Away fans seating
« on: December 06, 2021, 08:23:00 AM »
Just been looking on your official site for ticketing info and I see there is no option for away fans who wish to sit down.

Is that correct and if not what stand should I be ordering tickets for? If I actually do need to buy in advance, that is.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Away fans seating
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 02:12:07 PM »
It's not necessary to purchase in advance. Just reduces queues.
I would contact club direct to obtain a seat.
It won't be a problem.
You can pay by contactless at turnstile or cash at ticket office.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 05:40:38 PM »
As long as you don't make it too obvious you're an away fan, or be a PITA, you're fine to buy a seat in the West Stand.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Harriers9

• View Profile
    • Harriers Online
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 06:43:24 PM »
Ta Scott. We've got a few old buggers who're a right PITA.

There will probably be around 40/50 of us sitting down so the club really should already have made arrangements for all away fans before the start of the season.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 07:10:20 PM »
The way the concourses and turnstiles are set up, if we give up a block of seats like you do then we have to give up nearly half the stand. Which is unrealistic at this level with the away supports we get here
The block at the south end is usually fairly sparse so just go in there

Easier just to throw them on half of the side terrace until the away end is actually built, split that concourse 50/50 and anyone who wants to sit can just buy one in our stand if they're that desperate to sit
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 07:11:56 PM by joshb »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 08:46:54 PM »
Ta Scott. We've got a few old buggers who're a right PITA.

There will probably be around 40/50 of us sitting down so the club really should already have made arrangements for all away fans before the start of the season.

I don't think there's a league rule that we have to provide seating to away fans. I doubt we'll be spending thousands adding an extra mini concourse just for 40 Kidderminster fans, though...

Until the actual away end is built, it's all just a workaround regarding away fans. At the very start of the season, to whole side terrace was given to away fans, but this took away our fans' option to stand down the side, with the other options beind behind the goal or sit down. It's now split almost 50-50, with equal concourse facilities.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 01:14:00 PM »
To be honest I've got no idea why we a) enforce segregation and b) ban beer from being taken out of the concourse. All a bit unnecessary.

And yes if we're adamant on enforcing segregation then we should have provisions in place to allow fans to sit if they wish. This was an option at YS with the benches but isn't possible now. Like Scott says, sitting in the West Stand is theoretically fine but it does risk an overzealous steward clocking away fans and being a nob about it. Not everyone can stand up for two hours.

I know at YS plenty of away fans simply ignored the segregation and sat in the Main Stand where the view was a heck of a lot better than the corner of the YS end!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 10:06:14 AM »
To be honest I've got no idea why we a) enforce segregation and b) ban beer from being taken out of the concourse. All a bit unnecessary.

And yes if we're adamant on enforcing segregation then we should have provisions in place to allow fans to sit if they wish. This was an option at YS with the benches but isn't possible now. Like Scott says, sitting in the West Stand is theoretically fine but it does risk an overzealous steward clocking away fans and being a nob about it. Not everyone can stand up for two hours.

I know at YS plenty of away fans simply ignored the segregation and sat in the Main Stand where the view was a heck of a lot better than the corner of the YS end!

Its all to do with ground grading.  As Said from the outset Pilgrim way was always going to be set up for the football league so that meant the relevant ground grading was needed. Part of that is the need of a safe space for away fans (Segregations). At this level while our grading says we have to have it the use of it is not a rule

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 10:35:35 AM »
But why do we need such a grading in the NLN? Truth is, we don't. We're enforcing rules that don't need to be outside the NL.

Salford didn't enforce segregation and sold tins of beer on the terraces... didn't stop them from upgrading the ground grading as required as they shot through the leagues.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 04:59:31 PM »
But why do we need such a grading in the NLN? Truth is, we don't. We're enforcing rules that don't need to be outside the NL.

Salford didn't enforce segregation and sold tins of beer on the terraces... didn't stop them from upgrading the ground grading as required as they shot through the leagues.

It cost thousand's. They could afford it. We may be able to do so if the time comes but why when you can do it and build it into the stadium at half the cost from day one

Harriers9

• View Profile
    • Harriers Online
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021, 02:27:20 PM »
Just to let you know there was no problem getting seat tickets.

Car park steward said it wasn't allowed. Went to the ticket office and the young lady there said he was talking rubbish and of course away fans can sit down.

Bloody cold over this way though. Brrrrr

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2021, 03:46:53 PM »

It cost thousand's. They could afford it. We may be able to do so if the time comes but why when you can do it and build it into the stadium at half the cost from day one

It costs thousands for some inspectors to pop over with a checklist?

Sounds like a massive scam to me.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2021, 01:50:43 PM »

It costs thousands for some inspectors to pop over with a checklist?

Sounds like a massive scam to me.

All about the cash