Author Topic: v Kettering  (Read 3443 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Kettering
« on: December 04, 2021, 03:32:01 PM »
2-2 after only 30 mins of the game!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Kettering
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 05:17:53 PM »
Boston United 2 down after 7 mins but fought back to win 3 - 2.  Well done lads, this sets us up for Kidderminster at home for next 2 weeks, first in the league and then the Trophy.
United we stand..................

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 06:05:22 PM »
Well done lads
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 07:50:56 PM »
Don't they put us through it, one down before I had finished my coffee, two down before I binned the cup both the sloppy type we have conceded this season.Then two excellent goals of our own. Huffed and puffed after the break and it was obvious we needed something extra up front so enter Jake Wright to do what Elliot couldn't do ie; hold up the ball until others got into space,also run at them as only he can do. The goal came from a corner which I have to admit I didn't see as I was distracted. Thought our support was superb today however I hope Jonathan Van Tam sticks to his day job because his singing leaves much to be desired (sorry Jon).  UTP

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 08:16:45 PM »
As a (retired) music teacher, I volunteer to coach JVT's singing (perhaps we could all have a practice session in Ellender's before the first Kiddy game)! However, any singing could be as out of tune as you like after today's result. I agree with Oxo that Jake Wright was a better option given the way were playing. This is no criticism of Elliott, but we weren't playing to his strengths. There can be no doubt that our team gave everything, particularly after those dreadful early minutes. Well done everyone, including the travelling support (it's my nearest game of the season). UTP.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 09:27:34 PM »
GTFI

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 09:29:23 PM »
Congratulations to the team. Another really good win…

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 09:42:02 PM »
Have just had to look up what GTFI stands for....

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 09:43:10 PM »
I've clearly led a sheltered life....

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 10:59:52 PM »
Can't fault the league position at all. Just need to tighten up at the back and a successful season can be had.
Not sure what to make of the ongoing 'Boston hokey cokey', Elliott in, Elliott out.....in out, in out............ ::)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 10:13:47 AM »
Can't fault the league position at all. Just need to tighten up at the back and a successful season can be had.
Not sure what to make of the ongoing 'Boston hokey cokey', Elliott in, Elliott out.....in out, in out............ ::)

They Both bring different styles to the match and both can change a game. I don't think it matters who starts.
Elliott has defences chasing him everywhere and Jake gets them rattled. Who ever is on the bench as the job of changing the game. The one who starts as the job of wearing them down. Reminds me of the Davidson/Suarez Set up

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2021, 04:23:14 PM »
The (fair) match report on Kettering's website claims we had four loanees from Sheffield United. I make it two, one of whom never got on the pitch. Have I missed something?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2021, 05:41:55 PM »
They must be getting themselves mixed up with ex-Sheff Utd players Jake Wright and Keenan Ferguson
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2021, 07:28:36 PM »
That is my suspicion too....

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2021, 09:39:18 PM »
The (fair) match report on Kettering's website claims we had four loanees from Sheffield United. I make it two, one of whom never got on the pitch. Have I missed something?

I believe Kettering had at least one player on loan from Sheffield United as well. Could four be a combined total across both teams?