Author Topic: Car Parking  (Read 2150 times)

Alfred

• View Profile
Car Parking
« on: December 09, 2021, 11:01:56 AM »
I’m a Kiddy fan and shall be driving from Norfolk for my first visit to your new ground. Any suggestions, please, for parking near the ground? Unfortunately, the Google Maps image looks a bit dated and the club website isn’t very helpful. Thank you.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Car Parking
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 11:41:38 AM »
Its a joke and it'll get worse when the distributor road opens and double yellow lines are installed. Absolutely no thought for the rank and file fans as regards getting to games, whoever designed the stadium got it badly wrong with parking provision.

Park in town and get the shuttle bus. ITS £1.50 each way but better than parking on The Quadrant as the residents are rightly getting very fed up with inconsiderate parking.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 02:20:46 PM »
The car park at the ground is fully used up by season ticket holders so just dump it on a street nearby, it's what we did at York Street where things were arguably even more packed. I wouldn't worry about irate local residents either, just don't block a driveway or a pavement and you're well within your rights to park where you want.

Shuttle bus is decent enough if you're willing to stump up for parking in town on top of the bus, takes about 8-10 minutes from town, but the times I've used it it's hardly been used so no idea how long it'll last as a service.

ALSO - I know at some point Costa were letting fans park in their car park right next to the ground for £5, not sure if that's still a thing though, anyone else know?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 02:28:37 PM by Pete B »

Alfred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I saw the info on the shuttle bus but don’t feel comfortable using public transport these days (wife is in the vulnerable group) so will probably drive around the area looking for a quiet spot and make sure I have my walking boots. 

Regardless, I’m looking forward to seeing the new ground - the pictures and videos are impressive.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 02:59:20 PM »
Good luck - as I say, get there early enough and you'll have no issues at all. It's the lazy latecomers who panic and dump their cars in bad spots.

Enjoy the trip!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 10:11:43 AM »
It be easier when all car parks are open but until then its roadside. Never had a issue finding a place and to be fair unless its a 3k gate i think we will just be fine

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 10:37:38 AM »
It be easier when all car parks are open but until then its roadside. Never had a issue finding a place and to be fair unless its a 3k gate i think we will just be fine

Any idea when the final car park is open? Or is it still being used to store stuff that'll be needed for the construction of the South Stand?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 04:21:49 PM »
I’m a Kiddy fan and shall be driving from Norfolk for my first visit to your new ground. Any suggestions, please, for parking near the ground? Unfortunately, the Google Maps image looks a bit dated and the club website isn’t very helpful. Thank you.
you can park at the Costa close by.. they charge a fiver apparently, but they give you a receipt

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 05:01:21 PM »

Any idea when the final car park is open? Or is it still being used to store stuff that'll be needed for the construction of the South Stand?

Yes its still been used so id guess about a year yet

Alfred

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 06:22:01 PM »
Thanks for the further replies and info.

I shall get there early and have decided to give the Costa a try as I’d rather do this if it’s an option than upset the neighbours. I can leave a message here to let you know if this worked for me or if I had to resort to parking in the residential area - people here might find this helpful when advising other lost souls driving to you in future.

Thanks again  :)