Author Topic: FAO Ken, is this a record?  (Read 2734 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
FAO Ken, is this a record?
« on: March 29, 2021, 04:42:00 PM »
I have noticed the infamous Brexit "in or out" thread as now reached a quarter of a million views.  Considering I locked the thread exactly two years ago, over 50% of views have happened since.  Surely these views are not from regular Patter users. Does the counter work properly? Or are people googling Boston Brexit and being directed to this site? Either way this must be a record.  I am not looking to restart the thread, it's just an observation.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FAO Ken, is this a record?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 11:30:25 AM »
It's certainly a record number of views for Pilgrims' Patter by a long way. If you click on the Views link at the top of the column of posts on the board page then the posts are sorted lowest to highest by Views, click again and you get highest to lowest. Here's a screenshot of it showing the top ten posts on Patter by Views currently:

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 11:24:36 AM »
No wonder the viewing figures are so high;  the controversy continues  :o

"According to a new poll, 46 percent out of those asked would vote to stay out of the EU if a referendum were held. Just 38 would vote to apply to rejoin the EU despite the UK only recently completing Brexit. In the poll conducted by Kantar conducted between March 25-29, support to stay out rose by four percent."

It would be over a million by now if you hadn't locked it down Dipodah  ;)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 12:58:16 PM »
I agree ED.  When I started the thread, I didn't realise the controversy it would cause.  I locked the thread because I didn't want it getting out of hand like some other forums.  This is a Boston United forum and I wanted to protect it.  My views on the subject have not changed, if anything the bullying tactics of the EU as only  made them stronger. Let's look forward to a new season and being able to attend in our Brand new stadium.  Stay safe.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 08:11:23 PM »
Yes, a wise move Dipodah.
We are all much safer with the UK's vaccination program than with the EU's version, that's for sure  :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 12:30:30 PM »
Now over 300,000.  Topic still of interest to some.