Author Topic: Chorley  (Read 3805 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Chorley
« on: November 19, 2021, 04:17:57 PM »
Tomorrow we play our boogie team Chorley.  It's always a hard game, even when we are on form.  I know several people are boycotting the game until things change at the top.  I can tell you, this will not influence DN.  DN knows there is a problem.  What the team needs, is our support.  So let's get down there tomorrow and show the lads our support.  Let's be that 12th man.  The Townend need to get behind the team from the start.  CE, if you read these comments, play it on the bloody ground.  Else you could be making DN's mind up for him.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
Re: Chorley
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 04:38:38 PM »
Agree with that. Boycotters can hardly (by definition) also be called supporters.
Also agree with playing on the ground but at speed…
Good Luck to Craig and the whole team!

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 08:58:26 PM »
I'm with you Dipdodah. Everyone knows, as a fact, what Cloughie said about God and football. His early Forest teams played "switch-back football". The ball was passed on the deck, at speed, until the defence faced the lethal combination of John Robertson 1 on 1 with a very worried full-back. 8 times out of 10 Robertson jinked his way fee to deliver a killer cross. At our level, Leesley can do that job. No more hoof-ball.

UTP

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 07:30:42 AM »
Chorley are a tough nut to crack - second meanest defence in the league. If our defence aren't the most confident at the moment then I'm not too keen on them playing it around on the ground as too many times I see errors like this. This only works if the midfield are really proactive in coming to take the ball off them with short passes. To be honest, I don't care how we get a result.

Our away form is poor but in total we've won more than lost and no need for panic. Its not like we're second from bottom. Remember the Murray reign - DN wasn't going to panic then - and he won't now.

TEP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 08:37:24 AM »
Tomorrow we play our boogie team Chorley.  It's always a hard game, even when we are on form.  I know several people are boycotting the game until things change at the top.  I can tell you, this will not influence DN.  DN knows there is a problem.  What the team needs, is our support.  So let's get down there tomorrow and show the lads our support.  Let's be that 12th man.  The Townend need to get behind the team from the start.  CE, if you read these comments, play it on the bloody ground.  Else you could be making DN's mind up for him.
As for boycotting the game I think it is ridiculous, these are not supporters and these are people who have only seen home games. Goodness knows how they would feel if they saw the away games. As you say Mick let's all get behind them today.  UTP

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 08:38:10 AM »
Tomorrow we play our boogie team Chorley. 
Are we going to dance round them?? ;D ;D

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2021, 10:01:19 AM »
Tomorrow we play our boogie team Chorley. 
Are we going to dance round them?? ;D ;D

American spelling ;D ;D ;D ;D

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 03:18:41 PM »
Any commentary available today?

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »
There`s supposed to be one here but there`s no sound apparently https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/59179036  All the other commentaries are working !

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2021, 03:31:39 PM »
Sound now on AT LAST! See my last reply for details.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2021, 05:32:37 PM »

Excellent commentary today of Bostons match on our local radio station F M Endeavour, I’ve gave up on Radio Lincolnshire, it’s online so you have to be signed in to the BBC , also it’s forever breaking down , Try it it’s very good.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 09:55:10 PM »
dipdoh what a load of crap. The crowd were right behind the team at the end of both halves and applauded them off.  Nearly 200 people on the lounges today after the game people mingling and taking about the game in a positive stroke negative way. We are still there or there abouts. If its that crap don’t go it’s an easy choice. It’s easy to be critical every week but for once can we not enjoy a point at the death.   

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2021, 10:29:15 PM »
A point fully deserved. But what a save to keep it at 1-2. The reaction from their guy was priceless. He just couldn't believe it. Two good goals and two foul-ups. Got my money's worth today.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2021, 07:19:52 AM »
Fully agree with these comments. We were excellent in the first half and went on to fully deserve our point. The keeper looked outstanding. Great support today when the chips were down….

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2021, 09:04:16 AM »
dipdoh what a load of crap. The crowd were right behind the team at the end of both halves and applauded them off.  Nearly 200 people on the lounges today after the game people mingling and taking about the game in a positive stroke negative way. We are still there or there abouts. If its that crap don’t go it’s an easy choice. It’s easy to be critical every week but for once can we not enjoy a point at the death.

What have I said????? >:( >:(