Author Topic: Stadium Tour  (Read 2885 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Stadium Tour
« on: November 15, 2021, 12:21:55 PM »
Was invited on a new stadium tour amongst a few others across the night, and I've put together a montage for those who have yet to see the insides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1bntV-o-ZE
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Re: Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 09:53:37 AM »
Looks fantastic. Let`s hope the players appreciate it. If they want to stay, things must improve.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 01:32:08 PM »
Good video, Scotty. Just makes me more upset that, with a lovely new stadium and all the wonderful facilities, BUFC should have a team playing at a higher level than regional non-league football. Hopefully, one day we can achieve that.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 09:43:43 AM »
Good video, Scotty. Just makes me more upset that, with a lovely new stadium and all the wonderful facilities, BUFC should have a team playing at a higher level than regional non-league football. Hopefully, one day we can achieve that.

The stadium will hopefully allow us to achieve that. YS was a great stadium but weighed us down in ways the new place never will. Won't be overnight though.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 09:54:12 AM »

The stadium will hopefully allow us to achieve that. YS was a great stadium but weighed us down in ways the new place never will. Won't be overnight though.

This is the big issue. To Many think its going to be immediate. I behind Newton on is thinking in regards of letting things level up before Making the long term changes regarding Budgets. Income and outgoings.

Who knew we was going to start getting 1500 a match. Same as how easy it was to sell 4 Vip boxes at 10k each And the club 85 been so popular. Add the extra sales on the bars etc and things look good. Just going to need this first season with fans using it to find its financial foot

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 09:55:40 AM »
Was there any indication when work would re start on the South stand and when it would be completed?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 11:30:09 AM »
Was there any indication when work would re start on the South stand and when it would be completed?

After talking to scotty as soon as it can and will take around 9 month. Just waiting for material price to stabilise a bit so they can see what the cost will be.
From a different source the current spend so far is around 14.5 mill with around 5.5 mill needed to do the south stand. At the beginning the ground was going to stand at 11.5m. Now when it is finished it will stand at 20m. This shows how the prices as gone up sharply. It also shows that how committed to the job Newton is as he as sunk a further 8.5m in on top of the 1.7m he wrote off from the time he was propping us up

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 10:33:32 AM »

After talking to scotty as soon as it can and will take around 9 month. Just waiting for material price to stabilise a bit so they can see what the cost will be.
From a different source the current spend so far is around 14.5 mill with around 5.5 mill needed to do the south stand. At the beginning the ground was going to stand at 11.5m. Now when it is finished it will stand at 20m. This shows how the prices as gone up sharply. It also shows that how committed to the job Newton is as he as sunk a further 8.5m in on top of the 1.7m he wrote off from the time he was propping us up

When you look at the numbers like that and realise this stadium is being essentially gifted to the club, I'm more than willing to be a bit of a happy clapper. Sure, I'm bored of the NLN, but sometimes I think we forget just how unbelievably lucky we are. It might not feel like it, but this club is in the most powerful position it has been in its history.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 09:49:15 AM »

I had the great pleasure of David Newton hosting my tour of the stadium.  He was asked about the completion of the south stand.  We have currently spent about 10 million.  They are trying to tie down the price of materials, and think it will take another 3 million to complete the stand.

Speaking to several tradesman friends, the cost of everything has gone through the roof.  India, China and USA are buying up all the steel.  The way things are going who knows what the final price will be.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 10:36:25 AM »
That's a fair difference in figures given by the same person. I.E Yours was told on the tour and mine was from a conversation a few weeks back with him in the concourse of the North stand, Regardless of which one he gave was the truth if any of them i do find it refreshing that we have chairmen that happily approaches people for a chat and is happy to share aspects of the club with them. One thing that is for sure was the near 1.7m he wrote of as that already shows at companies house