Author Topic: Southport FC  (Read 5289 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Southport FC
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2021, 06:32:06 PM »
We've certainly seen better days away from home that's for sure. Today was better than last week at Chester, but it couldn't really have been any worse.

Thankfully, I'm just two short stops before the end of my train journey and will be home very soon.

Still, I'm very glad we've not got a cat!!

Boston boy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2021, 07:10:13 PM »
Not being negative but Craig hasn’t got a plan b when we are loosing,he seems to stick with his mates and doesn’t seem to see things that others see .Whats with all the backroom staff they all seem to give out different instructions

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2021, 09:58:14 PM »
I couldn`t see the point of only having two strikers up front who were outnumbered too often Only when Jake came on did we show any urgency and throw more people forward. On another tack, did anyone notice Crook being put under constant pressure during their set pieces? There was no help from his defenders. Also, there was a lot of shoving and timewasting tactics from Southport. If we had retaliated, there would have been been more sendings off. Clearly, the Southport management had done their homework on us and it worked. All credit to them. Shiels was a shadow of his normal self which was understandable after a lengthy lay off. Garner played his socks off and kept going to the very end.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2021, 10:19:18 AM »
I think the biggest shame is that BUFC could only name 4 substitutes. Surely it was opportunity to name a Youth Team player on the bench for the experience?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2021, 10:27:45 AM »
I think the biggest shame is that BUFC could only name 4 substitutes. Surely it was opportunity to name a Youth Team player on the bench for the experience?

Or even a sub goalie just incase. Didn't notice, but did GSK travel with the squad to Chester & Southport?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2021, 10:28:12 AM »

It would have been but it comes down to getting forms done and ratified in time.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2021, 10:43:29 AM »
Seems like the Southport manager thought the result flattered them. Check out the early part of his post match interview here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_a5i53xWY

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2021, 01:12:46 PM »
sack em all we got better locol talent at half there wage;s as well

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2021, 08:14:08 PM »

It would have been but it comes down to getting forms done and ratified in time.

A lot of the youth team play for other local sides on a Saturday, too.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2021, 08:37:31 PM »
Just watched the manager speaking to Craig about Saturday.
Reading between the lines could be a few departures in the near future.
Seems he's not happy with some of the defenders.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?