Author Topic: v York  (Read 2387 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v York
« on: October 26, 2021, 09:20:36 PM »
What a great attendance tonight 2018 -220 from York, fantastic supporters.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v York
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 09:40:56 PM »
MASSIVE WIN 👍👍👍

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 09:52:38 PM »
Well played lads… excellent

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 11:04:39 PM »
Clear that all the Elliot out brigade cannot come on and say great tactician when he bought Jake on who got the penalty. I’m not saying Craig is the best manger but we are in the play offs yet last week people wanted him sacked. We beat a full time team with a manager who is ex prem league player. I have a season ticket upstairs in lounge where the food is great the service is fantastic so tonight I’m enjoying the moment. 

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 11:37:24 PM »
A bit fortunate to be fair but we were crying out for fresh legs up top so well done to Craig for seeing that eventually and making the change
Tremendous crowd. Highest midweek league crowd for 15 years

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 12:12:33 AM »
Yes, it could have gone either way but there was certainly no faulting the effort. I thought it was the most interesting and keenly contested home game so far. A great attendance too, and fair play to the York fans for coming in such numbers in midweek.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 08:04:31 AM »
What a fantastic evening and indeed a massive win. I thought we deserved it. York were strong and showed their full time status, but we matched them and we certainly gave maximum effort as a team. I think it’s great how the team interacts with the crowd and particularly young supporters at the end. Brilliant!

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 09:39:28 AM »
Passion, commitment, pride and entertainment coupled with 3 points. Who could want anything more?

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 11:50:08 AM »
Woody, you summed up exactly how I felt about the game. One other thing I noticed was how our experienced players slowed down the game at the end and Byrnes foul that stopped a York counter attack was a foul that we wouldn’t have committed in times gone by.
I’ve had a real downer on the manager but if we see that type of commitment coming through the good football will follow.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 11:56:09 AM »
Respect, Bodge..