Author Topic: V Blyth  (Read 3742 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
V Blyth
« on: October 23, 2021, 05:22:40 PM »
Well done lads! Great to bounce back after midweek disappointment. Sounded hard fought and hope Shiels injury not too bad. Big game Tuesday....

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Blyth
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 06:22:54 PM »
A win at Blyth is never easy so well done everyone involved.  Would have been easier if the penalty had been converted but we kept a clean sheet so that's a real bonus.  With Shiels' injury so early in the game it's fortunate Jake Wright (Snr) has had a couple of games to get match fit and was able to step in.
United we stand..................

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 06:33:08 PM »
I feel it will quiet on here tonight so I want to say a huge well done to Craig, our coaching staff and our team. What a great response to the midweek disappointment. I so want them to prove the critics and doubters wrong. Here’s hoping for a good result for our team on Tuesday evening!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 07:30:54 PM »
Echo this. Amazing how it's all Elliott's fault when we lose but you hear very little praise for him when we win.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 08:39:35 PM »
I am a real doubter but I would be so happy if I am proved wrong.

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 09:54:30 PM »
Yes quiet tonight

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 10:33:20 PM »
Tipps End Pilgrim, I will ALWAYS give my opinion, whatever the result. CE dropped 6 players today from the FA Cup defeat. 6 players he picked to get us through to Round 1. 6 players who failed.
 I have an ex-Army pal from Newcastle. We were talking football on Thursday night and he was less than happy he didn't have the cash to get to the Palace game today. I asked him, as a joke, did he fancy a day-out up the coast to Blyth to act as my spy. He burst out laughing, and then said "Why not?"r
 His report?....."Two average middle of the table sides. Very little creativity from anyone. Embaressing own-goal. I'd give both sides a 16/1 shot at the play-offs".
 DN knows to the pound how much the FA Cup exit has cost the club and if we are not in the play-off places at the turn of the year CE will have to find pastures new.

UTP

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 11:41:16 PM »
There's always potential lost income every season if we don't win cup games. Unless the Club had counted on it within their budgeting for the season ahead however, it's not truly lost income.

With respect, I'm not sure how to value your friend's opinion. If he spends most of his time watching Premier League then I don't know how he can state that both teams are average middle of the table sides.

Having only played 9 games and only out of the play off places  on goal difference, it's still early days. I've heard we've only got the tenth biggest budget in the league so that may play a big part in where we end up.

TEP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2021, 09:43:14 AM »
Before the game it was Craig Elliot who was personaly supervising the warm up no sign of assistant manager at the game, We noted how Craig was doing what I asked for ie; giving them a kick up the arse and being very animated. Did this show in the game? I would say very much so players brought back in got stuck in with Dux and Jordan Burrows being outstanding, Leesley led by his enthusiasm and commitment which led to the own goal forcing the full back to head past his keeper simply by putting himself in there with no fear.  I was asked was it a penalty? Clearly yes Elliot had his ankles tapped and no complaints from their players. As Elliot does he grabbed the ball and took the penalty but it arguab
ly the worst penalty of the decade, instead of his usual blast he fannied about doing a double shuffle and passing it to the keeper, it was so poor the keeper who had dived to his right had to wait for the ball to reach him. Overall a much more commited performance although there is still much to do to get us on the front foot in the league, but it was worth the long journey if only to have a pint with Marrsy bless him who was getting abuse from the locals for wearing his Pilgrims scarf.  UTP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2021, 10:02:23 AM »
Listened to the game with the Blyth commentary team. They were a right  laugh it was like a comedy show with some football commentary and also non biased. Really enjoyed listening to the game.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2021, 01:59:25 PM »
OXO: Glad to see you had an enjoyable trip to the north-east yesterday after your miserable trip to Gateshead. By "Marrsy" I take it you mean Liam Marrs, our full-back a few seasons ago. He always gave 100%.

UTP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2021, 02:35:36 PM »
OXO: Glad to see you had an enjoyable trip to the north-east yesterday after your miserable trip to Gateshead. By "Marrsy" I take it you mean Liam Marrs, our full-back a few seasons ago. He always gave 100%.

UTP

It would be his Dad, Brian.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2021, 04:14:47 PM »
Am I right in thinking that before this game we were level on points. If so, imagine how their current positions would have changed if Blyth had gained three point and we had lost them. You only have to see their positions now.

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2021, 04:57:59 PM »

OXO, pleased you had a good away trip yesterday, did Liam"s dad say where he is playing now?  I know that he left Dunstan UTS last season and wonder if he"s still playing?.  Incidentally, just watched Sheffield FC v Dunstan highlights from yesterday - Marc Newsham scored a peach of a winning goal for home side in 85th. He"s captain there and still doing what he does best !

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2021, 09:22:22 PM »

OXO, pleased you had a good away trip yesterday, did Liam"s dad say where he is playing now?  I know that he left Dunstan UTS last season and wonder if he"s still playing?.  Incidentally, just watched Sheffield FC v Dunstan highlights from yesterday - Marc Newsham scored a peach of a winning goal for home side in 85th. He"s captain there and still doing what he does best !

Liam now lives and works in Dubai.