Author Topic: v Stratford  (Read 8074 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Stratford
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2021, 09:44:55 PM »
3-2  >:(

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2021, 10:05:17 PM »
One word sums it up - EMBARRASSING!  :-[

Freo71

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2021, 10:05:38 PM »
What a joke , we’ve gone backwards as a team , enough now Elliot out 😡

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2021, 11:08:50 PM »
Beaten by a team playing for expenses. If CE says, "the lads are hurting", I think he's deluded. I've come to the conclusion, reluctantly, that a managerial change is needed. I am so fed up right now.
Congratulations Stratford.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2021, 08:25:26 AM »
Until Elliott goes my money stays in my pocket, he's the sole reason I didn't get a season ticket, I'm fed up of his aimless long ball nonsense and pathetic soundbite excuses. He doesn't 'learn lessons' from defeats, if the players are 'hurting' after a game its obviously not enough because we keep losing games like this and Gateshead & Leamington that we should be getting something out of. This season's draw handed us a dream route to round 1 and he's managed to muck that up, costing the club tens of thousands in lost revenue and potential TV money. David has backed him amazingly well, probably more so than any other manager in his time here and thats the thanks he gets, a spinless display against a team playing for a bit more than expenses in a ground no better or worse than Tattershall Road. 

As poor a manager as we've ever had, he learns nothing from games and continues to make the same basic mistakes game in and game out with a turnover of players even Evans would find excessive. Aided and abetted by a backroom staff who's sole role is to swear at players and officials and make no constructive input. I'm sick of them, they should have gone after the Altrincham disgrace and I hope the next press release from the club announces the departure of this clueless bunch of Yorkshire League chancers.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2021, 09:32:41 AM »
In years gone by I would have never missed a game like last night but I just knew it wouldn’t end well. Elliotts away game ethos to me seems to be stay in games as long as possible and settle for a draw if we can’t pinch a goal. It’s soul destroying, I don’t like naming players  but our midfield has no creativity, Danny Elliott is one of the fastest strikers in the league but we don’t use that pace. I’m not convinced with either keeper, we seriously lack pace in central defence and apart from Leesly we are so narrow that teams can pack the centre of the field and cut off any supply to the strikers. We all see this but the manager is devoid of any idea how to then break down teams. People will say we are close to the playoffs, we are but we should be challenging for top 3 finish with an outside chance of winning the league. That will not happen with Elliott, it’s getting worse not better and that’s possibly in the region of £100,000 lost, I’m sure the board aren’t happy. I don’t know the cost of releasing people from contracts and i really don’t like people losing their jobs but myself and a few others that go have had enough of the on pitch drivel. I will be saving a few quid come the cold months if there isn’t a change.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2021, 10:18:47 AM »
I went last night.  Got to bed at 1.15 still wet still cold. The best team won.  It was an old fashioned cup tie.  They were up for it and good luck to them.  Their passing was quicker and slicker and used their pacy wingers well.

We huffed and we puffed and lacked any pace.  They won every 50/50 ball, every header and looked like scoring every time they were in our half.  They used dirty tricks ( switching off the floodlights as Elliott shot ) and going down to time waste at every opportunity.  They looked the professional team, and did a right job on us. These are not excuses, they deserved their win.

The board did not look happy at the final whistle. I would expect CE will be getting a phone call off DN today.  What will be said I have no idea, but CE is a man under huge pressure.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2021, 11:49:43 AM »
The ball had long since hit the post by the time the lights went out! Highly doubt that was a "dirty trick".

Aside from that, not much to disagree with. The best team won, which is galling given the backing Craig's had and the squad we've assembled. I'd expect he'll be given time to sort it out and turn it around - how long, though, is anyone's guess. Patience is certainly wearing thin.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2021, 04:14:26 PM »
The ball had long since hit the post by the time the lights went out! Highly doubt that was a "dirty trick".

You are too trusting Pete. The reason given for the lights going out was........   ........they mistakenly turned off the floodlights instead of the stand lights.  An easy mistake to make, it happens all the time ??? ???                                                     

Aside from that, not much to disagree with. The best team won, which is galling given the backing Craig's had and the squad we've assembled. I'd expect he'll be given time to sort it out and turn it around - how long, though, is anyone's guess. Patience is certainly wearing thin.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2021, 06:08:28 PM »
Until Elliott goes my money stays in my pocket, he's the sole reason I didn't get a season ticket, I'm fed up of his aimless long ball nonsense and pathetic soundbite excuses. He doesn't 'learn lessons' from defeats, if the players are 'hurting' after a game its obviously not enough because we keep losing games like this and Gateshead & Leamington that we should be getting something out of. This season's draw handed us a dream route to round 1 and he's managed to muck that up, costing the club tens of thousands in lost revenue and potential TV money. David has backed him amazingly well, probably more so than any other manager in his time here and thats the thanks he gets, a spinless display against a team playing for a bit more than expenses in a ground no better or worse than Tattershall Road. 

As poor a manager as we've ever had, he learns nothing from games and continues to make the same basic mistakes game in and game out with a turnover of players even Evans would find excessive. Aided and abetted by a backroom staff who's sole role is to swear at players and officials and make no constructive input. I'm sick of them, they should have gone after the Altrincham disgrace and I hope the next press release from the club announces the departure of this clueless bunch of Yorkshire League chancers.

Have to agree with Andy. CE has had a long run with many chances to achieve....well, something. However, for BUFC it is the same old, same old. Time for someone else to have a go - BUFC have nothing to lose.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2021, 03:54:07 PM »
I went last night.  Got to bed at 1.15 still wet still cold. The best team won.  It was an old fashioned cup tie.  They were up for it and good luck to them.  Their passing was quicker and slicker and used their pacy wingers well.

We huffed and we puffed and lacked any pace.  They won every 50/50 ball, every header and looked like scoring every time they were in our half.  They used dirty tricks ( switching off the floodlights as Elliott shot ) and going down to time waste at every opportunity.  They looked the professional team, and did a right job on us. These are not excuses, they deserved their win.

The board did not look happy at the final whistle. I would expect CE will be getting a phone call off DN today.  What will be said I have no idea, but CE is a man under huge pressure.

Dirty tricks or professionalism?  Game delayed against Shrewsbury due to a problem with the nets.