Author Topic: V Telford  (Read 1834 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
V Telford
« on: October 13, 2021, 06:27:04 AM »
Well, we managed it but the scoreline flattered us. If someone had left after the first 20-25 minutes and seen the final score they probably wouldn't have been surprised, as we played some good stuff. But once we gave them the goal things changed. I thought they played the better football for a lot of the second half and found their players well. Too often we were careless in good positions. But we stuck at it. Garner and Shiels were outstanding. A good attendance, too, for midweek with England on the box.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: V Telford
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 08:54:20 AM »
I though the same as you, first 20 and last 10 we bossed it, but for an hour they had us under the pump.

Den doing what Den does best, took the influential 7 off and they crumbled just as they were looking most threatening.

But for a Crooky clanger we did look very solid defensively, I know they are bottom but they asked a lot of questions of us without actually threatening too much, but a better team would have put us away.

Excellent gate again, can't fault the support we're getting, probably 3-400 up on a similar game at YS

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Telford
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 12:27:00 PM »
Like everyone else I was pleased we got the three points though I do feel the final score was flattering. Great to see Joe Leesley back the only one who showed the grit and desire at Gateshead when he came on all to late. Also a shout out for Byrns who has been one of our best signings for a long time. First 20 minutes and final 10 played like we should on the deck getting at em, I just hope we continue in that vane and restore full confidence which could see us become a force. I know many people think that some of us have been to outspoken about recent performances but that is down mainly to our away form, Only a relatively few of us are able to go to all away games so the majotiy of fans have not seen some of the very poor efforts in those games whilst witnessing home victories. If we could just change the attitude for away games and play like we can and have a go we could well have the season everyone wants.  UTP