Author Topic: Away at Gateshead  (Read 2854 times)

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Away at Gateshead
« on: October 09, 2021, 11:10:05 PM »
Anybody want to say anything or does the silence say it all?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Away at Gateshead
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 11:37:09 PM »
Full time outfit, near the top of the table, the score didn't surprise me one bit.
If we're going to get out of this league we need to be full time.
Just my opinion.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 10:23:27 AM »
We can't compete against full-time teams, and IF we did manage to get promoted we would definitely have to go full-time.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 11:36:35 AM »
Gateshead did not impress me they beat us because we were abysmal all over the field, Snail pace in defence, absolutely clueless up front and having arguably the best mid field defensive player on the bench all game to allow a fitness coach for another club to play making no sense whatsoever. Cannot believe Craig thought "we wern't to bad" perhaps he needs to sit up in the stand with us to get a better view than almost below ground level in the dugout. We travel all over the country supporting the club and deserve much better than watching a totally dis organised team who appear to be losing interest arguing with each other and swearing at the management team. Last two away games at Leamington and Gateshead totally unacceptable, something needs to happen to get us out of this slump, wins over lower league teams in the cup cannot be allowed to gloss over what could fast become a desperate situation.  UTP

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 12:15:10 PM »
Disappointed but not surprised. Does anyone know exactly how many full-time squads there are in our division? I had a look at the table and my guess is 6, and they should all be favorites for the play-offs.
I can remember when DG left the club he said it would get harder and harder to get promotion, and he was right. Going full-time would help but I'm sure DN would say that would bankrupt the club, and I trust him.
Anyway, yesterday is history, 2 wins in the next 2 games would cheer everybody up.

UTP

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 04:52:00 PM »
I've only watched one game this season, that was the opening game in which we were, poor to say the least.
9 points from 7 games is hardly ripping up trees either. Brackley sitting on the top of the league proves you don't need 1,500 people at home games to be there either.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 05:06:49 PM »
I know it's a cliche but you really had to be there. The result wasn't unexpected, but the way it was acheived was totally unacceptable.

Never before in all my years of supporting Boston have I seen the debacle of the club captain arguing, effing and jeffing at the manager(s) while the game is happening behind his back, and most of the players seem disinterested and reluctant to fight for the cause.

Something is radically wrong. There is no doubting the footballing talent within this squad, my question is when and indeed what has to happen before we see it displayed

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 07:50:59 PM »
I know it's a cliche but you really had to be there. The result wasn't unexpected, but the way it was acheived was totally unacceptable.

Never before in all my years of supporting Boston have I seen the debacle of the club captain arguing, effing and jeffing at the manager(s) while the game is happening behind his back, and most of the players seem disinterested and reluctant to fight for the cause.

Something is radically wrong. There is no doubting the footballing talent within this squad, my question is when and indeed what has to happen before we see it displayed

From my 75 yrs experience of watching Boston United from yours and oxo's comments on the game and players there's only one way this will go      .             No team can afford to sack all their players !

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 10:19:33 AM »
Disappointed but not surprised. Does anyone know exactly how many full-time squads there are in our division? I had a look at the table and my guess is 6, and they should all be favorites for the play-offs.
I can remember when DG left the club he said it would get harder and harder to get promotion, and he was right. Going full-time would help but I'm sure DN would say that would bankrupt the club, and I trust him.
Anyway, yesterday is history, 2 wins in the next 2 games would cheer everybody up.

UTP

2 wins will only paper over the cracks.......its nowhere near good enough as Mel has said.

Personally I'd make the change now and try and salvage the season because at the moment the play offs look miles away and with this been such a big season in the clubs history can we afford to fall even further behind the top clubs?

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 09:10:20 PM »
5 minute clip now available on Gateshead You Tube channel. First goal is toe-curling, the second is nearly as bad, but the third is unlucky. Preston's strike is quite clever.