Author Topic: BUSA Initiatives.  (Read 1161 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
BUSA Initiatives.
« on: September 25, 2021, 12:00:23 PM »
You may have seen that we have just had the first draw fo the BUSA 100 club which thanks to the brilliant work by Mick Small is a great success. Next week we will do a draw for four BUSA members and a guests each to enjoy VIP Box and meals at the fixture versus York City on 26th October courtesy of a very generous Dr Paul Kirk Smith. You have to be in it to win it so please join BUSA by seeing Sandra just inside Ellenders prior to home games.  UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUSA Initiatives.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 08:35:49 AM »
On Sunday evening 1st May (this Sunday) A very special event will take place in the 1933 suite at the Jakemans Stadium. An evening with John Blackwell witn commentary and questions by Radio Lincs Scott Dalton, also there are many of the clubs legends attending who will all be answering your questions many of them before my time. Add to that there will be 4/5 of those legends being inducted into the Boston United Hall of Fame. This all adds up to a great night of fun and nostalgia. Tickets are still available at just £6 and £4 for BUSA members from Chris Cook Print Shop, and at the ticket office at Pilgrims Way. It would be lovely to fill the venue to pay tribute to John and all the other Pilgrims legends over the years.   UTP 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 08:38:39 AM »
On Sunday evening 1st May (this Sunday) A very special event will take place in the 1933 suite at the Jakemans Stadium. An evening with John Blackwell witn commentary and questions by Radio Lincs Scott Dalton, also there are many of the clubs legends attending who will all be answering your questions many of them before my time. Add to that there will be 4/5 of those legends being inducted into the Boston United Hall of Fame. This all adds up to a great night of fun and nostalgia. Tickets are still available at just £6 and £4 for BUSA members from Chris Cook Print Shop, and at the ticket office at Pilgrims Way. It would be lovely to fill the venue to pay tribute to John and all the other Pilgrims legends over the years.   UTP
[/quote

Forgot to add the time of the event 7-30 pm to 10 pm.

Pete B

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 05:33:37 PM »
Will there be an update at some point on the feedback provided to the club and what - if anything - they're going to do about the issues raised?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 11:06:03 AM »
I will attempt to provide feedback on the event Pete although this really isn't a fans forum as such I am assured that will come soon. When we have a date I will take questions from those unable to get there and ask them on thier behalf, hope this has been helpful.

Pete B

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 11:30:33 AM »
No problem, cheers Mel!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 11:48:39 AM »
Well what can I say, a fabulous evening at the Stadium last night with a wonderful turn out of ex players and fans. It was my privilege  to meet everyone on arrival which was most rewarding and on occasions very moving. It was lovely and very humbling to welcome Billy Howells and his lovely daughter, Billy has dementia but it was wonderful to see him settle in and even taking to the mike to answer questions and make comments, so lovely and moving to see him recalling great memories. All the ex players managers etc were given a tour of the stadium which of course many had not seen yet and what a reaction' some of them were almost speechless. With Scott Dalton so professionaly interviewing many of the ex players and staff resulting in fits of laughter and fascinating insights the evening ran so well. Scotts interview with John Blackwell was really so interesting, moving, funny and revealing. Of course this was night was in Johns honour and how richly deserved it was. The induction to the BUSA BUFC Hall of Fame was really well received by all and it is fair to say the recipients were totally surprised, thrilled and proud to become a permanent part of BUFC history. The recipients were Neil Callery, Gary Mallender, Steve Appleby, Jason Lee and last but not least Paul Ellender. We as a committee at BUSA along with Chris in particular worked hard to put this event on but our doubts and nerves were well and truly settled by a wonderful evening and a special thankyou to the fans who attended and thoroughly enjoyed mixing with and having a drink with some of the greats.   UTP