Author Topic: v Leamington  (Read 4393 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Leamington
« on: September 11, 2021, 04:51:37 PM »
Losing 2- 0 :(

Worsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: v Leamington
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 04:59:02 PM »
And a red card, good grief

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 05:08:33 PM »
£13 and a two hour journey for that s***... If it wasn't for my season ticket that probably would've been my last game for a while.

Warm up with passing football then revert to type, and shock horror it didn't work (quelle surprise), other than hitting the post and the goalmouth scramble we offered absolutely nothing, don't think the manager has a clue. The referee was poor but that didn't have any bearing on the result.

Only a couple "clapped" the fans and to be honest it's a good thing they didn't come close because I can't imagine the level of abuse they would've gotten.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 05:51:39 PM »
I’ve been shouted down by the sycophants for a couple of seasons but I don’t believe the manager will get us promotion. Too negative, look at the good strikers that have moved on in the last few years and scored hat fulls.

Was so excited about this season but I’m rapidly losing faith again.

I have so much respect for DN and he deserves so much more on the playing side. How many pitch side coach’s do we have, would think between them they could come up with a winning formula.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 06:20:19 PM »
We looked lost in the first game of the season, I'm not certain anyone knows what's going on in the game.
There never seems to be any plan as to how to control the game.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 07:44:36 PM »
Well just back from Leamington and a game that left me in despair, so much so I am thinking seriously about not wasting money for the Corby game if they cannot up their game, Today it was a bunch of good non league players against a bunch of clueless prima donas. All the faithful who travelled today should have their expenses repaid.
There are as many backroom staff on the bench as substitutes yet it appears they can't get the team to play any other kind of football than hoofing it and hoping for the best, playing the way they are will see us a bottom half club and the Board and fans deserve so much more than that. If there is not a quick improvement the fans will answer with their feet as I said I really do despair.  UTP

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 09:39:23 PM »
I agree with Bodge about our recent history with strikers. Tsimanga now would demolish the likes of Leamington. I went to the Leamington away fixture a couple of seasons ago when Marriott/Margetts were unveiled as the new strike partnership. It was embaressing. I think we lost 2-0 that night as well. Five games in and we are already 10 points adrift. I am on record as a staunch supporter of CE, but results will always dictate a manager's position.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 08:39:15 AM »
The beer was good and the chips were excellent.  I knew I would be able to come up with positives if I thought for long enough. Other than that we were atrocious,  I cannot remember ever being so disappointed by a display from a Boston side. Have to ask the question, has Craig lost the dressing room?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 11:23:58 AM »
Craig must go, he has no clue how to manage quality players.
He has obviously won previous leagues with players that should have been playing much higher up.
He thinks that if he signs players that have won league's before they will just do his job for him
The problem is that he has never played above the level of most of his current squad and good players will soon see through poor coaching and tactics.
Elliott out now, pay him off then go for Culverhouse and Bastock.
If l am honest Craig has never connected with fans and there is no one  on the coaching team that has long term connections with the club.
We need Bazza on that bench with Culverhouse, who obviously has tactics and knows how to set a team up.
There is no one in our current team that has ever played at higher level than him.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »
Culverhouse, needs plenty of money behind him.  Take away the money and you will see how good he is.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 06:39:50 PM »
Culverhouse, needs plenty of money behind him.  Take away the money and you will see how good he is.
I should imagine that Elliott has had plenty of money put behind him and we are still in this league.
Let's face it how many managers achieve anything without a money behind them.
In this league the biggest budgets normally win it or go up through the playoffs.
Do you really feel that any of the management team or players are connected with fans or club.
Perhaps Garner and Rollins are but the others certainly are not.
I remember Greg Smith bringing the players over to the fans in one match to apologise for their performance.
Can you see Sheilds doing that ?
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 10:15:07 AM »
I’ve been shouted down by the sycophants for a couple of seasons but I don’t believe the manager will get us promotion. Too negative, look at the good strikers that have moved on in the last few years and scored hat fulls.

I have so much respect for DN and he deserves so much more on the playing side. How many pitch side coach’s do we have, would think between them they could come up with a winning formula.

Same here Bodge, I've said for a long time that CE is managing the biggest club he'll ever manage at the highest level he'll ever manage at.

Once again DN has backed his man superbly, there can be no excuses.

Saturday's result is completely unacceptable, same goes for the 'performance' which I believe belongs in a category classed as 'shameful'.

Personally I'd have got rid after the Altrincham disgrace in the play off final but DN does stand by his managers and gives them as long as possible, but I think most people are coming round to the notion that CE is simply not the man to get us promoted. 

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 01:47:37 PM »

Same here Bodge, I've said for a long time that CE is managing the biggest club he'll ever manage at the highest level he'll ever manage at.

Saturday's result is completely unacceptable, same goes for the 'performance' which I believe belongs in a category classed as 'shameful'.

Personally I'd have got rid after the Altrincham disgrace in the play off final but DN does stand by his managers and gives them as long as possible, but I think most people are coming round to the notion that CE is simply not the man to get us promoted.

It wasn't really a "disgrace" though, was it Andy? Alty were as shite as we were and snuck though on the slightest of margins. You make it sound like we got trounced.

That being said, I know you've been a vocal critic of CE for a long time and I've been a vocal defender of his, but I totally agree performances and results need to pick up smartish as there really is no excuse now. I'm not expecting us to blaze to title glory against full-time teams, but I also do not accept performances like that Spennymoor debacle, and (by all accounts as I wasn't there) Leamington. Huge game v Corby now.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 03:53:04 PM »

It wasn't really a "disgrace" though, was it Andy? Alty were as shite as we were and snuck though on the slightest of margins. You make it sound like we got trounced.

That being said, I know you've been a vocal critic of CE for a long time and I've been a vocal defender of his, but I totally agree performances and results need to pick up smartish as there really is no excuse now. I'm not expecting us to blaze to title glory against full-time teams, but I also do not accept performances like that Spennymoor debacle, and (by all accounts as I wasn't there) Leamington. Huge game v Corby now.

Pete it was an absolutely disgraceful performance, we never mustered a shot on target against a team we'd beaten 5-0 earlier in the season. They did a proper job on us and he had no idea how to counter them. Throw in the fact he has 3 or 4 assistants/coaches on the bench and this is fast becoming another expensive fiasco. However as we know David gives his managers every chance and we only discussed his track record for appointments the other day so I'll leave it to him to make any change.

But a 12th season in this league is frankly not good enough, especially with the facilities now available.   

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 06:05:06 PM »
Not withstanding the poor result, the fact that the manager hasn't played above the level of the current league is clutching at straws a bit. I don't think Mourinho, Klopp, Tuchel or Thomas Frank have played at the level they are now managing but they're doing ok. There's more to it than that.

Although not at the game on Saturday, it looks like we've been here before. My observation of CE is that he struggles to get the best out of his strikers. Marriott and Tshimanga spring to mind. They are clearly decent strikers but we couldn't give them the service they needed. I think it's the creation of opportunities that is CE's biggest weakness. Something to do with how he sets his team up means we simply don't create enough chances.

Having said that, we've only just recently lost in the play offs and we did have a great FA Cup not so long ago. Every club wants promotion - and particularly one like ours that now has a new ground. But we don't deserve it any more than the next club. DN is very unlikely to be jumping to a manager replacement at this stage IMO.

TEP