Author Topic: Betting scandal  (Read 3244 times)

baldfinn

• View Profile
Betting scandal
« on: September 07, 2021, 10:43:21 AM »
Caught something on the radio last night,  have the guys been charged?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Betting scandal
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 12:43:10 PM »
How many, and who are they?
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

joebloom9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 03:09:00 PM »
Can you enlighten me please? Not heard anything
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 07:22:35 PM »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 10:09:58 AM »
INCIDENTS OF MISCONDUT IN RELATION TO BETTING
Andi Thanoj, Player, Boston United FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 - Misconduct in respect of 319 bets placed on football matches between 09 September 2014 to 17 May 2020.

The Participant has until 10 September 2021 to provide a response.

Scroll down a bit and you get...

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT (FAST TRACK 2) – STANDARD CASE
Steve Evans, Manager, Gillingham FC

Crawley Town FC v Gillingham FC
English Football League Cup
10 August 2021

Breach of FA Rule E3 - It is alleged that in or around the 75th minute of the fixture the Participant used abusive and/or insulting words towards a Match Official.

Charge admitted – Standard Penalty 1 accepted (1 match touchline suspension and a £1,000 fine).

And then...

MISCONDUCT IN RELATION TO BETTING
Connor Dimaio, Player, Boston United FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – Misconduct in respect of 29 bets placed on football matches between 15 August 2014 to 22 May 2016.

The Participant has until 26 August 2021 to provide a response.

Jay Rollins, Player, Boston United FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – Misconduct in respect of 438 bets placed on football matches between 02 September 2015 to 09 February 2020.

The Participant has until 27 August 2021 to provide a response.

How do the players not know nowadays that you are not allowed to bet on any single football match or football market while signed to a football club?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 11:32:38 AM »
INCIDENTS OF MISCONDUT IN RELATION TO BETTING
Andi Thanoj, Player, Boston United FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 - Misconduct in respect of 319 bets placed on football matches between 09 September 2014 to 17 May 2020.

The Participant has until 10 September 2021 to provide a response.

Scroll down a bit and you get...

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT (FAST TRACK 2) – STANDARD CASE
Steve Evans, Manager, Gillingham FC

Crawley Town FC v Gillingham FC
English Football League Cup
10 August 2021

Breach of FA Rule E3 - It is alleged that in or around the 75th minute of the fixture the Participant used abusive and/or insulting words towards a Match Official.

Charge admitted – Standard Penalty 1 accepted (1 match touchline suspension and a £1,000 fine).

And then...

Connor Dimaio, Player, Boston United FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – Misconduct in respect of 29 bets placed on football matches between 15 August 2014 to 22 May 2016.

The Participant has until 26 August 2021 to provide a response.

Jay Rollins, Player, Boston United FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – Misconduct in respect of 438 bets placed on football matches between 02 September 2015 to 09 February 2020.

The Participant has until 27 August 2021 to provide a response.

How do the players not know nowadays that you are not allowed to bet on any single football match or football market while signed to a football club?

Because they are idiots Walds?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 01:08:32 PM »
I remember in the Evans era.  Boston was investigated concerning irregular betting patterns in Asia.  Loads of money was placed on Boston to lose 3..0 against a team we should be beating.  The score 3..0 to the other team.  Never heard anything about the outcome.  Must be very hard to contrive a scoreline like that.  Can anyone else remember this?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 02:24:12 PM »
Another couple of concerns for Mr Newton and Mr Elliott - mind you I think this betting by footballers is a fairly common offence in most leagues, it's just a matter of getting caught doing it.

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 08:52:14 PM »
Thanks Pilgrim 86 , was starting to think i imagined it . It is a lot of bets , wonder how
successful they were

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2021, 10:03:13 AM »
When UTD were in the Football League, our club were regularly featured in security alerts from the betting exchanges. These were reported in the sporting press. They usually featured away games at "out-of-the-way" places. I can still remember Jeff Stelling featuring one on Sky Sports as it was happening! It was away at Carlisle, and guess what? We lost 3 or 4 nil! I can also remember a similar outcome to an away game at Swansea. There would be very few Pilgrims at these games to witness the events.
In more recent times there have been far fewer "dodgy" alerts. I did witness myself one bizarre game at Brackley, it was a Cup-tie I think, where it appeared our goalie was in fact playing for the opposition! The news of industrial sized bets on the exchanges surfaced a few days later.
I don't think DN will be impressed with the recent exposure of 3 of our squad for prohibited betting on football matches.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 10:09:16 AM »
Good post;  a sorry state of affairs indeed, the Club deserves better  :police:

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2021, 03:50:18 PM »
I can still remember Jeff Stelling featuring one on Sky Sports as it was happening! It was away at Carlisle, and guess what? We lost 3 or 4 nil!

Not quite. It was 4-2, with Carlisle scoring their 4th late on after we had sent goalkeeper Michel Kuipers up for a corner in an attempt to earn a point. It was suspicious as a lot of bets were placed in Asia on Carlisle winning by 2 goals...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/