Author Topic: Beer  (Read 2197 times)

Freo71

• View Profile
Beer
« on: September 11, 2021, 03:45:55 PM »
Would be nice to have a proper ale in Ellenders bar , thinking a Theakston , Banks , Timothy Taylor , Pedigree or similar  as nearly all of 8sails brewery beer is shite.

Bodge

• View Profile
Re: Beer
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 04:32:17 PM »
I’m more worried about having a team to compete in this sh** league. Losing at the massive Leamington.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 05:37:47 PM »
I went to the opening league game and i saw absolutely nothing on that day to get excited about.
I doubt today's game was any better.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 05:39:59 PM by lonegunman »
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 10:05:57 AM »
Timothy Taylor Landlord, Castle Rock Elsie Mo, or Harvest Pale for me. Had to drink bottled Adam's Ghost Ship when we went;  the draft beer was off, so it was either the zero alcohol version of Ghost Ship IPA, lagers or wine.
They used to have decent ale in the old Sports Bar from time to time  :o B)

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 12:09:31 PM »
hope Elliott won’t be serving in Ellenders, he would serve ales in wine glasses. As for seeing some shots you wouldn’t have a chance. It would be a wasted visit having good quality beers and spirits and wines etc served in wrong glasses, he wouldn’t have a clue.

Bit like what he’s like as a football manager.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 12:15:23 PM »
Hob Goblin gold for me please.
Bateman ale is always a good choice too.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »
Timothy Taylor Landlord or Batemans XB for me. The Fenman bitter is barely passable but the Pilgrim Pale Ale is coloured water at best

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 05:14:16 PM »
I had a pint of something there, not sure what it was but I've never had anything alcohol there since, it was awful.
Oscar Wilde