Author Topic: Good luck lads  (Read 1405 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Good luck lads
« on: August 14, 2021, 08:43:57 AM »
The start of a new season. All our hopes and ambitions take shape as from today.  Let's start with a win against the cheats ( if the coach doesn't break down). Good luck.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good luck lads
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 09:03:12 AM »
Everyone else woke up really looking forward to this one?

Should be a good match.

2 matches in our league off for Covid. Thankfully ours isn't.

Elliot confirmed on Radio Lincs last night Duxberry out of 4-6 weeks and Rollins out much longer, probably until Christmas and Butler unavailable with Peterborough issue.

Craig Elliott used both 442 and 433 in pre season, I think we looked better when playing 442 and did so in last friendly so will likely go 442. Expect Tootle will switch to left back and Ferguson goes right back as have done that in a couple of occasions in pre season towards the end of matches after making substitutions. Although Lessley and Wright could also be an option there.

Leesley and Hawkridge will likely be the wingers that start then the two big decisions for Craig Elliot will be who to start in central midfield alongside Platt and whether to start Danny Elliott or Jake Wright alongside Burrow. Key decisions these, we need a creative player alongside Platt, I would go Thanoj if fit and someone to put the ball in the back of the net upfront, both Wright and Elliott have looked good pre-season so a tough decision.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good luck lads
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 11:49:01 AM »
Good luck to everyone today. Hopefully this season can be one of success and a decent cup run with no Covid mishaps. We have a good team now, a Chairman who has done what he had said, and a new ground which some said would never happen (egg on face time for them today).