Author Topic: Eating  (Read 3108 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Eating
« on: July 26, 2021, 10:22:28 PM »
Looking forward to my first game tomorrow since the midweek Gateshead defeat back in February 2020.

The big question is,  what are the sustenance options?.....Midweek it always used to be sit down fish and chips at Eagles but with coming in from the direction of Spalding, I won't be attempting to negotiate the traffic into town.

Any recommendations gratefully received  !

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
Re: Eating
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 06:25:52 AM »
V-ate at Sutterton?

joebloom9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 08:54:53 AM »
Not the greatest of food at all but could give it a go, The Spirit.
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 10:07:22 AM »
If you fancy something high quality, went to The Cottage at Kirton a few weeks ago, very good. Not been but told Sutterton chippy is good.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 01:18:55 PM »

Don’t rely on Sutterton fish chippy on a Tuesday, it’s shut Monday Tuesday, If your coming on the A16 from Spalding to Boston, Turn left at the 1st roundabout signed A52 Grantham, follow to the next roundabout and turn left heading back to Surfleet and Spalding on the old road, half a mile and you will come to a fish chippy on your left just before you get to Surfleet church, excellent fish and chips etc, open from 11-00am to 2-00 pm, then 4-00 pm to  8-00 pm ,six days a week, there is a lay-by right opposite the chippy .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 11:37:12 AM »

Ended up with a cheap Burger King as was a little pushed for time. Got the ground at 1845 and managed to get parked ok. As I was sat eating I did notice how quickly the car park filled up and seemed to be full by about 1920. Lots of cars parked over the other side of the main road down towards the new houses. Sort of half on and off the road. Not sure this will be allowed going forwards ?

Really enjoyed the new ground though :)

TEP

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 12:56:06 PM »
Not sure this will be allowed going forwards ?

As long as cars leave enough room for people to get past (especially those in wheelchairs or on scooters etc) then they're not committing an offence unless the council apply for a TRO on the roads in the Quadrant, which would be a very stupid thing for them to do.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 06:32:17 PM »
Not sure this will be allowed going forwards ?

As long as cars leave enough room for people to get past (especially those in wheelchairs or on scooters etc) then they're not committing an offence unless the council apply for a TRO on the roads in the Quadrant, which would be a very stupid thing for them to do.

I think they might do, I read something a couple or so months ago that the Government are thinking of bringing in a law to stop folks parking half on the pavements and half on the road, it'll cause chaos in some of our narrow roads.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 09:00:21 AM »
You wouldn't be able to enforce that law on a lot of streets around here, including the one on which I live! Victorian streets weren't designed for on-street parking, so you have to choose the lesser of two evils: make the road completely unusable for cars, delivery drivers and emergency services, or pedestrians. Pick one...

As for the Quadrant, I think perhaps a trick was missed - knowing full well the site was likely to be used as an overflow carpark for the stadium, perhaps a little extra space could have been engineered into the roads in there for people to be able to park without mounting any pavements.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 10:49:01 AM »
I called in yesterday to request a parking permit, all current spaces taken up, I was added to the reserve list (12th), they are hoping the remaining car park will be finished soon, and so do I.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 06:42:48 PM »
Any idea of the cost of matchday hospitality?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 09:02:55 AM »
Any idea of the cost of matchday hospitality?

Club 85 is £45 this season. £40 concessions and £35 for U16s.

https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/a/the-jakemans-community-stadium-28987.html