Author Topic: New Midfielder ??  (Read 12495 times)

sparks

• View Profile
Re: New Midfielder ??
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 05:46:31 PM »
    Sensible move from the Management to bring in Davies at this time given initial
    consideration to Churchy's suspension and Camms injury.Although Church is
    only suspended for three fixtures Marks problem will be longer term, I have
    thought for quite a few weeks leading up to recent weather and postponements
    of games that he has been struggling with his fitness and if and when he was
    selected doubted wheather he could have given 100% which would have been
    a big disapointment to him and the team.
    Having seen Davies in the two fixtures against us he will be a good signing I am
    sure..... welcome to York Street.....
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

riley

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 06:03:51 PM »
I'm not debating the fact that there is still room and money for more players, all I was trying to say is that we have a quality player in MIllson who seems to have been sidelined and pushed away from the team, when really the club shoudl be getting behind him and supporting the youngster.
He is a local lad and we should all be showing him our support and not putting him down or comparing him to the likes of Church. Lets not forget what he is caple of, last season he was just as good if not better than the majority of the team we have at the present time.
Obvisously the broken leg has set him back but I know along with plenty of other BU fans he will be back and perhaps just as good, if not better than last season.
Lets get behind the teenager and not forget he is still apart of the squad.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 06:14:32 PM »
Indeed, SQUAD. With no Church and Camm for a few games, who's the backup midfielder?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

riley

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »
and how do suggest Millson gets some match fitness if he's not playing for Boston or not back out on loan??

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 06:30:59 PM »
Playing Davies and having Millson on the bench!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

TASGOE

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
Just to add to our midfield woes, I think Sleath, who has been excellent this season with his energy has been a bit off the pace the last two or three games. Hopefully, with the time off he'll come back sharper.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »
I think the managers will sort it better than us. !

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 11:41:50 AM »

I had a quick look on the Matlock Town webpage because I had an inkling that Davies may be ineligible for today's game - if he'd already played for them in an earlier round. But it doesn't look like they've entered the competition yet...

http://www.matlocktownfc.co.uk/fixtures.html

How does that work? Surelly all Premier Division clubs should enter at the same time?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »
I see that have been playing Derbyshire Senior Cup games.Derbyshire F.A. are one of those associations who insist their competition takes priority over others-that could be the reason.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »
Davis had a good game, seeming to be totally solid and uncompromising in defenceand using the ball well going forward.
Looks a good signing.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 06:15:03 AM »
That was my first game for a while. Not the best game of football i've ever witnessed i must say, but entertaining none the least. As for the new midfield lad, i thought he had a good game and could be what we've been missing in midfield. By that i mean someone with a bit of weight and strength, i never once saw him get knocked off the ball like some of our smaller lads in midfield. On the whole i thought we did well on a very wet pitch and remember it's been a long time since they last played a competitive game. I do have one question though, why doesn't Jamie Clarke get a run out?  Surely he could have got a few minutes at least in the second half.

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 09:38:36 AM »
Milly isnt the same type of player as church,as good as he is

On looking at yesterday's game I didn't feel that Davies was the same type of player as Church either. This is certainly no criticism of him, but Davies reminds me more of a young Paul Raynor. He's never going to make gut bursting box-to-box runs and he'll spend most of his game twenty yards either side of the half-way line. But he can look after himself physically and can pick a pass.

I do have one question though, why doesn't Jamie Clarke get a run out?  Surely he could have got a few minutes at least in the second half.

I agree. I thought Danny Davidson didn't do himself any favours when he came on as a sub in the previous game against Stocksbridge. All he seemed to do was flick the ball on into "no man's land", and quickly concede possession. I would very much doubt if those were the instructions given to him by the managers. And yet yesterday it was again Davidson who got the chance from the bench.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 11:00:57 AM »

The same question could also be directed to the non appearances of Butch and
  Liam, they also must be asking the question quietly to themselves. There would
  have been no harm in giving both keepers a run out yesterday as Sheffield did not
  pose any real threat going forward and I am quietly confident that if they had Butch
  would have been equal to it. As for the outfield lads keeping the bench warm and Katie
  company,you are all entitled to draw your own conclusions from it.
  I accept Rob and Paul wanted his prefered starting eleven to take the field for much
  needed match fitness but the substitution of Davies for Camm was a strange one in
  my view giving consideration we will loose Mark for quite a few games if of course
  there is any truth in speculation of imminent surgery on a hernia problem.

Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »

The same question could also be directed to the non appearances of Butch and
  Liam, they also must be asking the question quietly to themselves. There would
  have been no harm in giving both keepers a run out yesterday as Sheffield did not
  pose any real threat going forward and I am quietly confident that if they had Butch
  would have been equal to it. As for the outfield lads keeping the bench warm and Katie
  company,you are all entitled to draw your own conclusions from it.
  I accept Rob and Paul wanted his prefered starting eleven to take the field for much
  needed match fitness but the substitution of Davies for Camm was a strange one in
  my view giving consideration we will loose Mark for quite a few games if of course

Think its booked for this week

les

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »

"the substitution of Davies for Camm was a strange one in

Being somewhat cynical, maybe there is extra appearance money for coming on in a game, and it was a sort of thank you to Camm before his enforced absence.