Author Topic: Ellenders  (Read 8171 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ellenders
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 12:44:57 PM »
I went on Wednesday.  I fully recommend it.  Nothing was too much trouble.  I did see four lads come in and sit down at a table.  I didn't see them order, but could have eaten after I left.  I intend to use it on a regular basis, I hope others do the same.  I recommend the fish and chips.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 09:52:41 AM »
Happy to report the Sunday Lunch was faultless, good service, first class food and drink and a decent ambiance in there too.

I'll be going back again in the near future.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2021, 11:24:17 PM »
I, too, am happy to report that Sunday lunch yesterday was faultless. Service and food was excellent, and access for my mother in her wheelchair was a doddle. It's all very impressive. If I didn't live nearly 50 miles away, I'd be in there more often. We shall be the envy of a lot of clubs in higher leagues, let alone National League North.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 10:27:35 PM »
Second visit on Wednesday and everything seemed even better, wonderful service, food and drink. Took our friends Rick and Jenny Lovelace and they absolutely fell in love with the place. It is now going to be a monthly visit for us all.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2021, 06:32:33 PM »
I've tried phoning today hoping to book for an evening meal for next week. So far I've not managed to get anyone to answer the phone!! 🙄🙄
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2021, 10:01:36 AM »
Me and my mate went last night.
All I can say is we had a very pleasant evening.  Service, food, surroundings were all excellent. Any way they could improve it, perhaps more variety on the menu.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2021, 04:43:44 PM »
Me and my mate went last night.
All I can say is we had a very pleasant evening.  Service, food, surroundings were all excellent. Any way they could improve it, perhaps more variety on the menu.

Out of interest, which menu was it? Sunday roast? I thought the main menu they did on the other days didn't look so bad in terms of variety. I'm still trying to plan a visit myself, the short opening hours do make it trickier as an exile!

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2021, 03:48:22 AM »
You can see the menu if you look on the united homepage.
I had fish and chips with mushy peas,  my mate had pie with mashed potatoes , veg and gravy.  Food was  good, in all it was a nice evening out.
Oscar Wilde

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2021, 12:51:20 PM »
Went last night for our second visit.  Food again was excellent, Guinness was well kept and very moreish. Two courses and two drinks came to £23.50 a head, very good value.

Only thing I can say is please use it. I left at 8pm and only four family groups were in.  I hope when all restrictions are lifted Ellenders will be the place to be seen.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2021, 09:05:37 AM »

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2021, 01:32:22 PM »
Me and my mate are heading there tonight.
Be the second visit for us.
Oscar Wilde

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2021, 05:51:16 PM »
We found the menu fairly limited when we went back in June.  Food was good, and they may have expanded the menu by now.  B)
We will go again sometime soon, but they need more variety if we are going to make it a regular occurrence.
The ale was off on the night we went so, left with a choice of lagers or wine, I tried Adams Ghost Ship bottled low alcohol IPA. Very nice it was too  B)

gatley pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2021, 09:12:12 AM »
I waqnt to take my elderly father for his birthday but he can not do stairs. Can someone lease advise if Ellenders is on ground floor or if upstairs is there a lift.

Thanks

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2021, 09:31:49 AM »
All ground floor and very good accessibility for people in wheelchairs.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2021, 10:34:44 AM »
Yes, I can second that. I've got my 93-year-old mother in and out in her wheelchair  a few times now, and it couldn't be easier - and the staff couldn't be more helpful either. I hope your father has as lovely a birthday there as my mother did a few weeks ago!