Author Topic: Ellenders  (Read 8186 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ellenders
« on: May 19, 2021, 06:41:12 PM »
Formally open to the public tonight after its "VIP" test event on Monday! First time the general public have been allowed anywhere near the new stadium, so a bit of a momentous day for the club really. Hope it all goes well and those there tonight have a good time.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ellenders
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 09:49:18 PM »
Perhaps we shall have the debut of the Patter restaurant critic - or perhaps more than one?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 08:46:34 AM »
Oh I'm sure we won't be lacking for people telling us how crap and overpriced it is - just give it time.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 09:49:58 AM »
Visiting on Saturday, will let you know. Booked via email, really prompt response.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 02:10:45 PM »
Went last night absolutely spot on. This is not an in an out joint everything cooked fresh so takes a little time which I like. Excellent service from the greeting to when we left  got a really modern feel to the place with some history chucked in and a good relaxed atmosphere nothing remotely negative to say.

rob.1987

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 12:55:43 PM »
I went last Wednesday in a party of five, and what a superb evening we had.

Ellender's has a prime spot in our imposing new main stand, and inside has a modern, fresh contemporary feel but cleverly mixed with lots of BUFC history (no spoilers!).

Whilst it's not a vast menu, that's not an issue and there is plenty of variety to suit everyone. Same too regarding drinks.

The service all evening was first class, and we genuinely felt like we received real value for money for the fare on offer.

It's important we support all the various components of the new stadium, and I can't wait to go back!

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 03:45:02 PM »
What beers are on sale?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 04:42:04 PM »
What beers are on sale?

Draught - Carling, Coors, Madri, Sharps Cold River, John Smiths, Sharps Atlantic, Guinness, Fenham Bitter, Pilgrims Bitter.

Bottled - Bud, Peroni, Black Sheep and a couple of alcohol-free.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021, 08:06:09 AM »
If the Pilgrims Bitter is the one brewed at The Phesantry Brewery then that's a fairly high water mark to start at.

At least they've not gone for the easy option of Doombar or Abbott Ale

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2021, 08:01:34 AM »
Food was high quality and I'd say normal price for an eatery of that standard. The slightly up market brasserie atmosphere/decor + BUFC theming is not on offer in the town, and much more akin to what you'd find in Nottingham, York or the L-word (without the BUFC history).

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 03:33:26 PM »
Yeah, I've not actually been there yet but the photos definitely have a "big city" feel to them in terms of the styling and decor. A few years ago I'd have thought, possibly unfairly, your typical football fan wouldn't have loved it, but times change and the old school non-league bar "working mens' club" style seems a very much outdated and obsolete style. Clubs like Fylde raised the bar (so to speak) but we've raised it even higher. I haven't seen a facility that pays homage to a club's history like ours anywhere else.

Looking forward to getting there and trying the food out. I think Ellenders could do very well as an evening restaurant - easy to get to, and a solid menu in a town where there isn't in truth a HUGE amount of decent evening dining.

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 10:42:01 PM »
Will be there tomorrow night, are you able to have a nose around?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2021, 05:53:03 AM »
Is there a bar there where you can just get  a pint? I live 5 minutes walk from there, be nice just to have a stroll and get a couple of beers. The
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2021, 08:03:55 AM »
Is there a bar there where you can just get  a pint? I live 5 minutes walk from there, be nice just to have a stroll and get a couple of beers. The

It says no other parts of the site are accessible on the BUFC website

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2021, 09:14:35 AM »

Open to diners only at the moment but once the pandemic is over I think the intention is that it'll be a bar AND bistrot, so you'll be able to pop in for drink if you like.

Kabia's bar is NOT open to the public.