Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 8020 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Season Tickets
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2021, 09:13:59 PM »
Got my email today and have dealt with it. Car parking is £50 for the season which seems pretty good to me, given that most of us don't know yet what else is available locally.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2021, 09:57:53 PM »
Yes paid for my season ticket and parking   UTP

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2021, 11:26:02 PM »
All sorted, roll on August

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 06:06:04 AM »
Sorted,  and the parking.  Am in the Town end, hopefully will be able to transfer to east stand when completed.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 09:47:03 AM »
Sorted,  and the parking.  Am in the Town end, hopefully will be able to transfer to east stand when completed.

From photos the east stand looks complete or 99% complete, would be suprised if it's not ready for August. Unless there are plans to make that away stand until south stand built?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 12:40:31 PM »
We might not even be doing segregation? We're so used to it at York St it's easy to forget most clubs in the league don't.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 10:09:14 AM »
I imagine it depends on the advice before the season starts. They've held back selling tickets for the East Stand just in case we are allowed away fans, and that they are forced to segregate. I think at our level you just have to show that you can segregate when required.

I imagine it would be possible to split the East Stand into 2 with a gate to allow some home fans down that side, but it won't be much of a priority.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 11:37:17 AM »
The gates for segregation appear to be at each end of the east stand of which only the one between the North/Town stand would be used (obviously, no need to block them off from going into the non-existent south stand!). I'm sure it would be possible - technically - to split the stand itself, but that's not the problem: you can't split the concourse. I thought the rules for segregation are that away fans must have their own snack bars/toilets and given the entire east stand is serviced by one concourse that can't be shared, I would guess we would have to give the entirety of the stand to away fans in games we decided to segregate.

I'm assuming the long term plan is that the south stand will become the new away fan stand.... once it's built. Makes sense as it's the smallest of the lot (at least in terms of capacity - it's the stuff behind it that's going to cost the big bucks to construct).

EDIT - I suppose one solution would be to split the East Stand down the middle(ish) but block off the toilets and snack bars from the Boston fans' side, and have them walk around to use the facilities in the Town End instead. Not sure if that is actually allowed though, under the Green Guide regs? Be interesting to see how they actually do it... surely away fans will be allowed to games? We should be well out of Covid restrictions by then.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 02:11:35 PM by Pete B »

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2021, 06:13:13 PM »
Do you know how many season tickets we normally sell?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2021, 08:10:06 AM »
My season ticket in 2019/20 was £230 on the early bird.

I'm now told its £290 with no early bird

Plus £50 to park the car as the new ground is around 2 miles from home so not a viable walk on wet days and midweek

I make that an increase of £110 for me to attend games in the same league.

Thoughts?

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2021, 08:40:09 AM »
Got mine yesterday £250

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2021, 08:46:22 AM »
Mine is for standing. Didn’t have one last season so not sure what the increase is. £230 to £290 is a fair old rise, coupled with parking

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2021, 09:22:41 AM »
So basically, they've just ditched the "early bird" discount. Which I suppose is understandable as they've only been able to announce season ticket sales long after the deadline for previous early birds, and that's not really under their control. We still have no actual confirmation what kind of Covid restrictions will be in place (I'm hoping none whatsoever, but we still don't know for certain).

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2021, 02:57:35 PM »
The early bird hasn't been ditched per se, it's just been offered to those who bought a season ticket last season and decided not to ask for a refund when the season was curtailed. 

The club must have lost a shed load of revenue last year and like a lot of other businesses, it it not in a position to offer discounts so readily.

The parking was £80 previously, so that is cheaper than previous years.  I assume more parking spaces enables the club to offer a better rate.

Overall, I'm paying (not including the write off from last season) about the same or slightly less than the last comparable season in 2019/20.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2021, 03:14:16 PM »
The early bird hasn't been ditched per se, it's just been offered to those who bought a season ticket last season and decided not to ask for a refund when the season was curtailed. 

The club must have lost a shed load of revenue last year and like a lot of other businesses, it it not in a position to offer discounts so readily.

The parking was £80 previously, so that is cheaper than previous years.  I assume more parking spaces enables the club to offer a better rate.

Overall, I'm paying (not including the write off from last season) about the same or slightly less than the last comparable season in 2019/20.

Gotcha, but the "early bird" wasn't available this year to brand new season ticket holders as it would have otherwise been, is that right? Either way, as you say, with the club in the position it is, discounts probably aren't too high on the agenda right now.

As for car parking, I suppose most people are now going to *have* to pay this, whereas previously they'd have walked to the game or parked on a residential street for free. I still don't think £3/£50 is bad at all - pretty much par for the course when you park up at most other grounds, many of which had local restrictions on street parking around the ground. Parking at YS in the past was a bit of a luxury really, certainly not one I could ever justify paying for. Think my car's suspension probably approved!