Author Topic: Fitzsimons gone  (Read 6981 times)

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Fitzsimons gone
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 07:40:11 PM »
Really pleased/excited that the majority have stayed on. Covid permitting I think we have a great squad and looking forward to cheering the lads on in the new ground. C'mon Jordan T let's have it

He's either holding out for a better deal or surplus to requirements by the looks of it - Standard article suggests that's it for the time being.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2021, 08:55:50 PM »
Really pleased/excited that the majority have stayed on. Covid permitting I think we have a great squad and looking forward to cheering the lads on in the new ground. C'mon Jordan T let's have it

He's either holding out for a better deal or surplus to requirements by the looks of it - Standard article suggests that's it for the time being.
I heard JThew lives near Donny or Scunny, so maybe there's better money to be made in South Yorks?!?!? Guiseley for instance have a recent history of signing ex-Pilgrims on bigger wages?!?!? Dayle / Garns / Kaine. or of course I could be way off and inadvertently creating rumours that have no foundation simply due to lockdown and football boredom.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 01:37:02 PM »
Fitzsimons has been released by Stockport.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 05:07:52 PM »
Would expect he will be attracting interest from the full time National League clubs, but I’d hope we will be at least making an offer to get him back.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 06:30:13 AM »
Other man's grass isn't always greener, so the saying goes.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2021, 01:22:02 PM »
I think we need cover/or number 1 keeper.  I do not think he is the answer.  I admit, I have only seen him on streaming but thought he was no better than Crooks.  I am not saying either are bad keepers, but I think we need an ex league mature keeper with a couple of seasons left in him.  Someone with the experience to organise the back line.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late