Author Topic: Floodlight down  (Read 3968 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Floodlight down
« on: March 11, 2021, 01:17:59 PM »
Looks like one of the floodlights at the Jakemans Community Stadium has blown down.
https://en-gb.facebook.com/bbclincolnshire/photos/a.10151527875044403/10158288934344403/?type=3&theater 
Glad that no-one was injured.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Floodlight down
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 01:26:53 PM »
Very serious incident this. The wind wasn't *that* strong, so there's a chance this could've happened with fans in the ground and a game going on. The consequences could've been catastrophic.

The pylon in question appears to have failed around the first joint (each light has two joints, with the first doing most of the heavy lifting). Suffice to say, if this is found to be an issue with the design I think the remaining three might also need replacing with a less elegant, but more robust, design. The ground has been designed for the lights to sit outside and curve in though, so this might be a tricky one to resolve! Just pleased no-one was injured...

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 08:46:41 PM »
Not that strong. Give your head a wobble seen all the comments on Facebook as well and some are so so disrespectful to David and the club from people who would never step foot on the place. Mr Newton has spent a decade of his life to give his best for the club and town and yes it’s not good. However no one was hurt insurance is in place I’m sure the manufacturing company will be all over it.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 07:59:28 AM »
Sorry Pete B. I posted after I was shown all the stupid comments about the stadium etc on Facebook slagging the club off etc etc etc. I was in a bit a rage !!!!!!!!!!!

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 08:04:11 AM »
You'll always get morons on Facebook glorying in other folks' misfortunes. David Newton will get it sorted!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 09:18:39 AM »
Not that strong. Give your head a wobble seen all the comments on Facebook as well and some are so so disrespectful to David and the club from people who would never step foot on the place. Mr Newton has spent a decade of his life to give his best for the club and town and yes it’s not good. However no one was hurt insurance is in place I’m sure the manufacturing company will be all over it.

If you think the winds across Wyberton yesterday were some kind of once-in-a-decade event.... not sure it's me that needs to give his head a wobble!

Also, I've not seen anyone blaming David Newton for this? He's a house-builder, not an expert in floodlight pylons. The blame lays squarely at the door of the installers (Abacus, I think).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 09:23:18 AM by Pete B »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »
Pity, I like the design of the floodlights.  Obviously a fault in the design or installation.  Hope it's the latter, I would hate to see some pole type lights.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 01:36:12 PM »
Pity, I like the design of the floodlights.  Obviously a fault in the design or installation.  Hope it's the latter, I would hate to see some pole type lights.

Yeah, I love the design. I hope it's an installation fault.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 03:06:04 PM »
I have just driven past.  Only one remaining  ???
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 04:24:49 PM »
At least they've got plenty of time to sort them out!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 09:38:45 AM »
I have just driven past.  Only one remaining  ???

Presumably, the one left is the one mounted on top of the gym?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2021, 10:15:09 AM »
All down now apparently...

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 10:18:47 AM »
All down now apparently...