Author Topic: Prediction League - Darlington vs Boston United  (Read 7695 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Prediction League - Darlington vs Boston United
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2021, 11:10:17 AM »
Post in thread '2020/21 National League North' https://www.thefootballforum.net/threads/2020-21-national-league-north.22545/post-1010863

A Darlington fan seems a bit upset by comments on here.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »
Boston United midfielder Paul Green is relieved he's been able to share a few jokes with old pal Nicky Hunt since the Darlington defender's worrying injury earlier this season.

The Pilgrims' contest at Blackwell Meadows was abandoned with 87 minutes on the clock in early November after Hunt suffered a head injury which knocked him out and left him needing hospital treatment following an accidental collision in the build up to United's second goal.

Last night should have seen the two former teammates - who won promotion to League One with Crewe Alexandra last season and had a spell together at Derby County in 2010 - reunited again as Boston were scheduled to return north to replay the contest.
United we stand..................

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2021, 02:51:22 PM »
Ken,
Is there any chance you can pass a null and void resolution on this season’s prediction league? My brother is currently beating me and it would save me £10.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2021, 02:55:30 PM »
its actually £20 ken. 10 for u as a sweetener  :D

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2021, 02:04:08 PM »
Ken,
Is there any chance you can pass a null and void resolution on this season’s prediction league? My brother is currently beating me and it would save me £10.

Never know - it might not quite be over yet. A few clubs are questioning the decision. Unlikely that it will change things but you never know.

https://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/letusplay-boston-united-join-campaign-not-to-null-and-void-national-league-north-season-3141053

I reckon the clubs that want to keep playing should just set up a mini-league to play each other to fill the gap until next season starts. Wouldn't be any promotion or relegation from the National League North, but would provide some competitive games for clubs who want to play football. It could also provide a bit of income from sales of video streaming passes and sponsorship. If there were 7 or 8 teams in the league that would be 12 or 14 games for each club which could be fitted in nicely by the end of May if they got it going quickly. If the Covid cases keep going down and the Government doesn't mess up relaxing lockdown like they did last time then there may even be a chance of letting fans back in for the last few games.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2021, 02:20:42 PM »
I had the same mini league idea, but couldn't see any reason for not promoting the winner with 2nd & 3rd playing off for the second promotion place. Of course it will never happen due to the vested interests of those at the wrong end of NL.