Author Topic: Enjoyed my night out  (Read 4762 times)

Mattgy

• View Profile
Enjoyed my night out
« on: March 10, 2010, 12:50:24 AM »
As usual I enjoyed my rare away trips with Boston. Wasn't a pretty game and the ground makes Blundell Park look like Wembley and it was difficult to generate an atmosphere with no roof (or stand come to think of it). But the team played well and didn't let Retford bully them and all in all I think they deserved the 3 points. The support from the Boston fans was very good on a cold Tuesday night in a cow field.

Quick side note, Retford's keeper was terrible.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I shall be keeping an eye on your results and I hope you get promotion come May.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Enjoyed my night out
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:20:13 AM »
They did have a stand but it was easy to miss it.

I heard someone saying that there is a whole new stadium being slotted in next week! The stands have been built and assembled and the whole structure is being put into place in the next few days.

thepilgrims

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
You got any pics of when the fans went on the pitch ;)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 08:51:32 AM »
You got any pics of when the fans went on the pitch ;)

Nah, I'd packed everything up by then so I could make a quick getaway!

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
I asked on of their supporters where they were going to put the new proposed stand and he said they were going to extend the existing stand. I wouldn't call it a stand, more a lean to. It would be useful during the summer break for growing tomatoes. Thinking about it, perhaps they use the pitch in the summer for growing spuds or left backs.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 04:11:58 PM »
They will have to get their fingers out the ground has to be up to standard by March 31st  Anyone think they will do it.?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 04:19:51 PM »
They will have to get their fingers out the ground has to be up to standard by March 31st  Anyone think they will do it.?

More to the point ghm does anyone give a f**k after last night.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 05:22:38 PM »
All im gonna add to this work is that boston town did only what they had to do.SO HOW THE HELL IS RETFORD HERE. If you been to town lately its starting to look a tidy little ground.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 09:28:03 PM »
All im gonna add to this work is that boston town did only what they had to do.SO HOW THE HELL IS RETFORD HERE. If you been to town lately its starting to look a tidy little ground.
it always was its only the last few years that it has gone down hill.to be honest i cant beleive that retford are any were as high up the pyramid with that effort of a ground
"till saturday comes"

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »
Bostonshire, steady up on Boston Town, always have been a tidy little club, great pitch, good youth set up,good manager, good footballing team please down compare them to the idiots at Retford.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 09:54:30 PM »
Bostonshire, steady up on Boston Town, always have been a tidy little club, great pitch, good youth set up,good manager, good footballing team please down compare them to the idiots at Retford.

Sorry i should have just rethered to boston having a better ground