Author Topic: That was an experience  (Read 2349 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
That was an experience
« on: March 10, 2010, 10:57:54 AM »
Seriously last night has to be the worst ground we have ever played a competitive fixture at?  By worst i mean there was NOTHING THERE.  I mentioned this last night but would it not make more sense to have all sides who want to take promotion, if they gain it, to have the grounds up to scratch by the March of the season before they go up?  This means they are prepared for it if they do, don't have to if they cannot afford it and also puts a more measured setup in place for sugar daddy types who just come in throw money at the players/management and then play catch up on the ground/facilities.

When Telford went under and the AFC side started up Lee Carter the Chairman said they were aiming to have a club that could cope with Conference football in five years.  Not a team, a club.  If the team were good enough then great but unless it was sustainable it would be pointless.

As for the game it was a hoof-fest of the highest order and thank god we did not have any major injuries as that would have been a real setback for the run in.  Also last summer I made mention that Peter Duffield was my first choice for the managers job, thankfully like with pretty much everything else D&N got that call right and did not go for my choice as if his sides 'play' like that then thanks but no thanks.

Great effort and turnout by the supporters last night (again) the amount of familiar faces that just rolled their eyes in a 'what the hell are we doing here' kind of way was hilarious.  Let's try and remember Elle for the great service he gave us over the years rather than the two games this season though!

bb1

Re: That was an experience
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »
Can you imagine their pitch after a heavy shower of rain mud bath springs to mind glad the gods were with us and it was a fine night.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: That was an experience
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »
Bad thing is if we dont win the title we may end up playing them again.

Retford are a disgrace to football, bunch of thugs.