Author Topic: Chesterfield  (Read 6766 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Chesterfield
« on: January 09, 2021, 07:56:09 AM »
Are self isolating. Trophy tie in doubt then. When this happened to us in FA cup....

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 02:05:57 PM »
Are self isolating. Trophy tie in doubt then. When this happened to us in FA cup....

From Chesterfield's website in response to their Covid 19 positive tests:

Next weekend’s FA Trophy tie (January 16) will also have to be postponed, although that is yet to be confirmed.

It is unclear whether this means Chesterfield will have to bow out of the FA Trophy and let the Pilgrims progress.
United we stand..................

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 08:44:47 PM »
And they’ve signed Alex Whittle from Gloucester

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 09:23:07 PM »
Surely the rules for what happens is precedent. We had to forfeit the games when we couldn't play on the specified day so if Chesterfield cannot play next Saturday they will have to forfeit the game. I hope the committee that decides is not the one that said we had to replay the Darlington game. Also out of interest doed anyone know what is happening with the Southampton cup tie with Shrewsbury as that had to be called off, surely they are not letting that be rearranged???

gatley pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 09:46:10 PM »
I think you are allowed to postpone the game and play it at a later date but within a specified time period (not sure what that period is though for cup ties). I think that has already happened in the FA Cup and Trophey. In BUFC's case for FA Cup we could not play within that specified period and hence had to forfeit the game.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 09:47:08 PM »
the rules look like there are 5 days to rearrange the match at either ground. After that it's a forfeit to the team that can't play.

However:

(c) The National Game Board shall have the power to vary these arrangements if it is deemed necessary.

Who knows.  FA Cup seems to be allowing rearrangements now, as is the League Cup, but both are at later stages (I think it's in the rules that a League Cup semi can be rearranged).

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 11:27:46 AM »
The FA Cup rules have been consistent, in that it was in the rules that COVID postponements were allowed in the competition proper, but not qualifying (due to the minimal time between rounds).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 12:12:08 PM »
I see some CN games are off this weekend. Can't we play one of the teams not affected?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 11:10:08 AM »
The Chesterfield website match preview suggests the game on Weds evening will be a good chance to try out some of their new signings including Alex Whittle, however he has already played for Gloucester in 2 previous Trophy ties this season so surely the 'cup-tied' rule should apply!

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 11:12:46 AM »
The Chesterfield website match preview suggests the game on Weds evening will be a good chance to try out some of their new signings including Alex Whittle, however he has already played for Gloucester in 2 previous Trophy ties this season so surely the 'cup-tied' rule should apply!
Let them play him, we will then report them for fielding an illegal player.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 12:05:27 PM »
Just checked the FA TROPHY rules on the FA website, and it clearly states that no player shall be able to represent different clubs in the competition during the same season/competition.
They make an exception to that rule if it means f***ing Boston United over lol.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 01:29:22 PM »
Boston United be away to Aldershot Town or Solihull Moors in the FA Trophy fifth round on 6 Feb - if they can overcome Chesterfield on Wednesday.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 02:16:04 PM »
Should we both progress, we'll be up against Ricky Miller.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2021, 06:01:59 PM »
Should we both progress, we'll be up against Ricky Miller.

It would be good to see him again but not in that context.  First however, we have to survive the expected incoming heavy rains in order to play our match.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 10:22:09 AM »
I would imagine most of the players signed from Gloucester, will be cup tied.
"I don't believe you""