Author Topic: Farsley  (Read 3134 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Farsley
« on: December 28, 2020, 05:28:05 PM »
That was without doubt the best performance of the season so far. We know we have a team who can play lovely passing football but we now know we have a team who can mix it when needed. Every player did the business today and what a star and grafter Jordan Burrows is. I know I will receive a few comments but I honestly believe we have a squad that can win this league.  UTP

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Farsley
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
Great performance on a slightly bumpy looking surface. Loads of effort/ graft by all and some really slick looking footy. Let's keep it up :)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 05:34:22 PM »
Excellent workmanlike destruction of Farsley, scoring 4 with another clean sheet.
Not exaggerating when I say that our defence and midfield were immensely strong, winning not just 50/50 balls but 40/60 as well.
The forwards created chances, putting 4 of them away,  2 for Joe Leesley and 1 apiece for Fraser Preston and late sub Jay Rollins.
Great show and well worth a fiver.
United we stand..................

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »
Felt for a while a score line like this has been coming. Good performances throughout the team. Leesley really done well last few matches.

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 07:11:46 PM »
Yes, enjoyed the stream . Congratulations to everyone.  Never gave them a  sniff.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 10:01:24 PM »
That was without doubt the best performance of the season so far.

It was a very good performance. But if push came to shove, I think the 4-0 win v Leamington in the first league game of the season just pipped it. I think Leamington are a better side than Farsley,, certainly more established at this level and a side we've often struggled to get positive results against in the past. And to beat them 4-0 at a time when our squad was only just coming together set down a marker for the season. But that's not to take anything away from today's performance.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 10:52:47 AM »
Two 4 - 0 wins which were the best for very different reasons.
This game was a 'slug it out battle' on a sticky, uneven pitch where chances were put away from open play.  Just like the old days!
At Leamington it was a lovely smooth surface where we could employ free-flowing football with good periods of possession and the goals all came from set-pieces.
We've now had the best of both.
United we stand..................

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 01:24:48 PM »
An absolute stuffing! Well done Pilgrims!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"