Tier 4
« on: December 23, 2020, 04:22:07 PM »
Games off???

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 4
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 04:58:09 PM »
Nope. London is in Tier 4 and Arsenal hosted Man City last night.

Just absolutely no hope of spectators in those areas. I think the FA were making noises about allowing them in Tier 3 at our level, but I suspect that's gone by the wayside now.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 05:24:15 PM »
Personally I've just about written the season off. My interest levels are at zero and I can't watch a game on a stream without a crowd, its as dull as it gets. It just proves the point that without fans football is nothing.

I'd not be comfortable attending a game even with a reduced capacity anyway

Rather wait until next August and fingers crossed for better, more normal times.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 07:07:31 PM »
Games off???

We are still in Tier 3.
United we stand..................

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 08:49:14 AM »
I'm with you NF. Don't mind watching the PL stuff on TV but streaming non league doesn't do it for me. Have no expectation of getting to any games this season. It's a shame as I've had a season ticket for the last 20 years. I'm looking out for our results but that's about it. Don't really know the team. I need to be able to go to games to get my interest levels up. At non league level the football is only a part of it. It's all about being there, the banter, the people, the cringing at the swear words I haven't heard before.

Roll on the summer.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 10:40:26 AM »
Yes, I know what you mean about watching via streaming. I've been splitting my computer screen, doing some work on one side and keeping an eye on the game on the other. I quite agree about needing the matchday experience to make it work properly.

Devon Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 02:45:30 PM »
Just to add a different point of view on streaming, for the likes of myself, living 300 miles away in deepest Devon. To be able to watch a match live of the team I've supported for over 65 years is really a great new experience !! Though I do understand the comments of those who miss being there at the ground. May you soon as possible be able to return. I'd like to think too that streaming might continue for us exiles after fans can return to the ground, but I'm not holding my breath. Happy new year to all. !

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 05:08:49 PM »
Yep second that Devon pilgrim. I'm really enjoying the streaming of home and away games- great for those of us living some distance from boston. Obviously not as good as being there but as we can't then it's the next best thing.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 05:41:40 PM »
I can't wait for the experience of watching from the sidelines but meantime I thoroughly enjoy our excellent streaming.  I have followed the new signings and watched all bar the away trophy game which wasn't streamed.  I am getting to recognise all the players and head and kick every ball during the matches, just like being pitchside.  Probably have an advantage over some as I watch on 'big telly'.  How can you not love BUFC?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 08:43:03 PM »
Personally I've just about written the season off. My interest levels are at zero and I can't watch a game on a stream without a crowd, its as dull as it gets. It just proves the point that without fans football is nothing.

Rather wait until next August and fingers crossed for better, more normal times.

Couldn't agree with you more, Andy. Can't wait for parkrun on a Saturday morning to return too! Let us hope that life in 2021 gets back to as "normal" as possible.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 11:25:02 AM »

Couldn't agree with you more, Andy. Can't wait for parkrun on a Saturday morning to return too! Let us hope that life in 2021 gets back to as "normal" as possible.

At my time of life I can't afford to 'write a season off' so casually and as my family are not "quitters" we will embrace and adapt to get as much enjoyment as possible out of the brilliant streaming service provided.  We do not need negativity in this very difficult situation and must follow the lead of David Newton who is producing a glittering new stadium for us when many said it was impossible.   He has overcome so many setbacks in delivering his promise to us fans and it is not his fault that we cannot attend games or personally engage with the team, but we can at least be positive and if any have misgivings please don't bring down the mood.

Norfolkngood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2020, 02:10:17 PM »
Yes I agree whole heartedly. The live streaming has allowed us all to stay close to our team.For those of us who now live away from the town and often find it difficult to attend games, it could be a facility to continue even when we are clear of this pandemic.  Presumably another source of income for the Club.  That said you can't of course beat a proper live game particularly at the amazing new stadium. I'll be watching the Farsley live stream shortly...certainly a trip I would never had made.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 02:15:14 PM »

At my time of life I can't afford to 'write a season off' so casually and as my family are not "quitters" we will embrace and adapt to get as much enjoyment as possible out of the brilliant streaming service provided.  We do not need negativity in this very difficult situation and must follow the lead of David Newton who is producing a glittering new stadium for us when many said it was impossible.   He has overcome so many setbacks in delivering his promise to us fans and it is not his fault that we cannot attend games or personally engage with the team, but we can at least be positive and if any have misgivings please don't bring down the mood.

Well said completely agree.  UTP

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 04:09:33 PM »
Ditto.

Norfolkngood

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 06:15:54 PM »
Presumably live streams good for coaches when weighing up the opposition too.