Author Topic: Tuesday's match OFF  (Read 3092 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Tuesday's match OFF
« on: January 11, 2010, 11:33:12 AM »
No surprises there
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday's match OFF
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »
Provisionally re-arranged for next Tuesday.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »
Hopefully the snow will be all gone by then.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »
Looking out of my Sheffield window whilst listening to the long range forecast, I'm not sure it will have done Ken. And even then the game might not be on. I heard the ex- groundsman at the Millenium Stadium on the radio saying  if you played too quickly on a thawed ground, it could ruin the pitch for the rest of the season.

Basically he said the top inch and a half are soft enough to play, but further down its still frozen. So there's nowhere for the moisture to drain away and so the pitch, whilst playable, cuts up badly. As grass doesn't grow this time of year, its a mudbath for the rest of the season. I guess this is what might have happened to Kendal's pitch last season.

So Sheffield might not want to play, let's face it what is a minor match (only the Unibond think its more important than league fixtures) and have a dodgy pitch till April. This might have been behind them saying "we'll not play at home in January".