Author Topic: Gloucester Stream  (Read 3235 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Gloucester Stream
« on: December 02, 2020, 09:59:27 AM »
I must say when the stream got going, I experienced no buffering or freezing.  The picture was clear and commentary was in sync.  I thought the camera angle was very poor, it was like watching the match from the car park.  I was disappointed with the 35 minute delay, but that aside, one of the better streams.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gloucester Stream
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 10:19:47 AM »
they needed to go to Sainsbury's for an HDMI cable. Agree commentary and stream good- view of action not so good- too far away

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 03:14:53 PM »
I'm not so sure.

I thought it was poor how they didn't switch the stream on until 19:44 - one minute before kick-off. Had they done so a bit earlier they might have picked up the technical difficulties sooner and we might not have missed as much of the game. If other people are like me then they're still finding their feet in terms of whether they can cast from the phone to the tv, have to watch it on a tablet, etc. Switching the stream on so close to kick-off doesn't allow supporters any time to get themselves set. In the end I couldn't get it to cast to the tv so had to watch it on a 5-inch screen which was a bit like watching matchstick men run around.

Commentary: Hmm. At one point they told up Gloucester were playing a 3422 formation (that'll be twelve players, then, including the goalkeeper). And then when we made one of our substitutions they couldn't tell us who the player was who had gone off; I had no chance of seeing based on the size of the players on my tablet screen and the cameras could have been closer to the action, so had to fire up twitter separately to see.

Not altogether sure why some streams will cast to my TV but others won't. (Anyone got any suggestions)? Darlington has been the gold standard in all of these (better for watching it on a big screen and having different camera angles, replays, etc). Gloucester - nowhere near as good as Darlington.

Incidentally with all supporters (both home and away) having to watch via a stream, could anyone have considered getting a message to the referee to delay the kick-off slightly so that we didn't have to miss the action?

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 04:48:37 PM »
I'm not involved with the streaming but I do know they were trying to set up a second camera opposite. It's all over my head.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 09:52:14 AM »
I thought it was poor how they didn't switch the stream on until 19:44 - one minute before kick-off.
Switching the stream on so close to kick-off doesn't allow supporters any time to get themselves set.

The actual live stream started about 20 minutes before kick off, albeit just with a static image and no sound. It was at 1 minute before kick off they tried switching to the live video, which is definitely poor on their side. You'd think they'd run an offline test about an hour before kick off!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 10:26:26 AM »
Can anyone please tell me how to cast from my tablet to the TV? I know it's possible because my wife did it once by accident but we've no idea how!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 11:12:56 AM »
If you have a chromecast on the network it usually detects this and displays the icon in the bottom right of the video.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 12:31:51 PM »
There is no single solution. Depends on the type of tablet, and type of TV...

You can usually pick up a HDMI cable with the relevant other end adapter on Amazon, for a wired connection.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »
Can anyone please tell me how to cast from my tablet to the TV? I know it's possible because my wife did it once by accident but we've no idea how!

As Scotty says, it's frustratingly inconsistent across devices, TVs and also the apps you use. For example, I can cast the YouTube direct to my TV, but I can't do that with the MLB.com app - that will only cast to a Chromecast.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 08:56:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies. After a bit of experiment with You Tube I found an icon that works. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.