Author Topic: Darlington result  (Read 17548 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: Darlington result
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2020, 06:28:08 PM »
Anyone know why they waited for two weeks,  when it was too late to appeal,  before announcing the National League's decision?  Apparently the players knew and were not happy

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2020, 12:04:56 PM »
Great letter in today's Non-League Paper. Well done Mr Napier! The League's decision stinks and the club should have appealed to the FA or higher to stop this madness from taking place. The government is asking for no unnecessary travel and yet the League Management has ordered 2 clubs to put themselves in Covid19 jeopardy for a football match which does not need to be replayed! Insanity........
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:43:43 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »
I like to think that we would have conceded the game to Darlington in the current climate if the score and stadium had been reversed.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2020, 11:43:47 AM »
I am amazed the club decided not to appeal the decision.

Surely we need to see the reason from the National league why they made this initial decision.

I think they should be made to give their justification especially in these tough times.

They absolutely should be accountable to how they reached this ridiculous decision.

Although I don't buy into the FA still punishing the club for misdemeanors during McFraud's era I do believe as a club we can be too nice at times. I certainly would have appealed this, bugger what other clubs think, we've got our players and staffs welfare to consider first and foremost. In the current climate its the absolute height of folly to send a club traipsing 100+ miles for a game that was done and dusted.   

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2020, 01:36:35 PM »
If we win the replay by more than the 2 goal difference  then go on to get promoted on goal difference by 1 goal how good would that be, but if we loose  don't think about it.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2020, 04:28:39 PM »
I am amazed the club decided not to appeal the decision.

Surely we need to see the reason from the National league why they made this initial decision.

I think they should be made to give their justification especially in these tough times.

They absolutely should be accountable to how they reached this ridiculous decision.

Although I don't buy into the FA still punishing the club for misdemeanors during McFraud's era I do believe as a club we can be too nice at times. I certainly would have appealed this, bugger what other clubs think, we've got our players and staffs welfare to consider first and foremost. In the current climate its the absolute height of folly to send a club traipsing 100+ miles for a game that was done and dusted.
Spot on Andy

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2020, 01:28:53 PM »
The replay in February looks even more absurd in view of the fact that this new variant virus is spreading from the south, and is.. far more transmissible than the original strain.
A totally unnecessary journey from what is likely to be a Tier 4 area soon.
The national league and the two clubs need to look at it again.  :police:

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2021, 07:52:04 PM »
Another great letter in today's Non League Paper against the shear lunatic FA decision to replay this game. "Elite" football is being governed by amateur bureaucrats who have no consideration of Covid 19 being spread and no common sense.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2021, 11:33:05 AM »
I can see us going into National lockdown again.  If London suffers, we all have to. >:( >:(.  I can see football being suspended.  This season should never have started.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2021, 11:55:56 AM »
I can see us going into National lockdown again.  If London suffers, we all have to. >:( >:(.  I can see football being suspended.  This season should never have started.

If we win tomorrow night we will go top on PPG as Glocester aren't playing. Promotion based on PPG like Lynn last season?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2021, 05:05:32 PM »
If the Darlington result had stood we would already be top of the league on points per game. If the season does end early again and potential positions and promotions decided on PPG and this decision swings the balance against us, then surely we'd have a valid grievance case against the league?

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2021, 06:17:07 PM »
I would imagine that if the season is suspended soon and doesn't start up again then it will be declared null and void. No club has played half of their games yet. Darlington have only managed ten nine. There's surely not been enough games played on which to decide promotion and relegation.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2021, 12:57:37 PM »
Elite football continues, including FA Trophy.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2021, 06:03:00 PM »
Current position nationally just shows what a terrible decision this was.
Hope the jobsworth that made this decision hang their heads in shame.

Still no response as to why they made this decision.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2021, 08:00:32 PM »
... and still no indication as to why, when the decision was announced,  the club decided to keep quiet about it until the two week window for appeal had elapsed  :-\