Author Topic: Darlington result  (Read 18063 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Re: Darlington result
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2020, 04:39:35 PM »
Boycott the tv replay

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2020, 04:53:49 PM »
When we were in conference I went to our home match on new years day v nuneaton which was abandoned at half time due to frozen pitch. This was re-arranged and everyone was allowed to attend the re-arranged match for free.  Hopefully Darlington will give the tv stream for replay free, ideally to everyone but should certainly be free for those of us who paid first time round.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 05:46:44 PM by Lee Newell »

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2020, 05:16:44 PM »
Don't blame Darlington, it's the clowns in blazers to blame

So next time we're 2 nil down we'll claim spinal injury and play it again....

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2020, 05:52:59 PM »
Don't blame Darlington, it's the clowns in blazers to blame

So next time we're 2 nil down we'll claim spinal injury and play it again....

Think we can partly blame them, their manager was happy for us to have the points on the night so it was reported, so if they had told the blazers that at the board meeting I’m sure the outcome would have been different. They like us would have been asked to put a case in so they obviously put a case forward for a replay. Their all a bunch of shisters and they won’t get my money for a live stream.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2020, 07:58:48 PM »
if ever you wanted proof that we are not liked ,this is it.....bloody scandalous

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2020, 09:42:50 PM »
What a rediculous decision, I assume there must be an explanation for this especially under the current circumstances. I think everyone should be able to see this and I think we should see what Darlington view is especially as we had all the kit to help stabilise their player. I'm disgusted and the people who made this decision should hang their heads in shame and justify their decision. I know it says the club are not appealing but I would urge them to reconsider this and broadcast the situation far and wide. Perhaps we can get JVT to help!!!!

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2020, 09:49:20 PM »
This is effectively a 3 point penalty as it is at the moment. I know we have to play the game again as it stands, and you know what the likely outcome is as well. Midweek in February as well. Make them justify this decision, don't just accept it.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »
It is strange that a club like Darlington wasn't equipped to stabilise a spinal injury.  Surely that would come up in a risk assessment,  and be a prerequisite for a matchday insurance policy. ???
Its got to be worth appealing this decision irrespective of their emergency arrangements. They are banking on the good nature of our Chairman in order to get away with this one. :police:

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2020, 10:47:15 PM »
Nicky Hunt played the full game against Div.1 Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup 19 days after his life threatening injury.
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2020, 10:49:56 PM »
Nicky Hunt played the full game against Div.1 Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup 19 days after his life threatening injury.

Not very well, looking at the result.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2020, 09:13:04 AM »
I have always maintained that for Elite Football this League does not have an elite committee. Darlington should hang their heads in shame. We were winning, we had the appropriate equipment to stabilise their player's injury and they were, allegedly, happy for us to have the points. This is Covid19 madness! We have been ordered to travel again to Darlington in a pandemic. Lunacy  :police:
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2020, 12:37:21 PM »
I've just read Darlington's manager's view on the decision. He thinks they could have got a draw! He obviously lives in the same make-believe world inhabited by the league committee.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2020, 12:37:58 PM »
According to the report in the Standard, Darlington's manager Alun Armstrong has said:

"The ref said he was going to have to abandon it and my reaction was ‘I don’t really care’, the game just wasn’t a concern at that moment. But we’ve since talked about it as a club, and I’ve been involved in games when teams have come back from two goals down late on. It happened when I was Blyth manager. The league have made their decision and we’ve got to make up for what happened, we were caught on a bad day after the Swindon Cup game ( a 2-1 FA Cup defeat in the previous game).”

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2020, 05:26:18 PM »
According to the report in the Standard, Darlington's manager Alun Armstrong has said:

"The ref said he was going to have to abandon it and my reaction was ‘I don’t really care’, the game just wasn’t a concern at that moment. But we’ve since talked about it as a club, and I’ve been involved in games when teams have come back from two goals down late on. It happened when I was Blyth manager. The league have made their decision and we’ve got to make up for what happened, we were caught on a bad day after the Swindon Cup game ( a 2-1 FA Cup defeat in the previous game).”

On the night their manager agreed with Craig that the result should stand and later changed his mind.  So much for "my word is my bond".  He has lost integrity and my respect.  Hope we stuff them in the replay but fairy tales don't seem to happen to us I'm afraid.  As much as I want to watch our team replay this match I can't see myself giving Darlington any more cash. 
United we stand..................

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2020, 07:37:45 PM »
I am amazed the club decided not to appeal the decision.

Surely we need to see the reason from the National league why they made this initial decision.

I think they should be made to give their justification especially in these tough times.