Author Topic: Darlington result  (Read 17536 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Darlington result
« on: November 24, 2020, 03:05:19 PM »
How long is it going to take the league to resolve this? Common sense and fairness would indicate that with only a few minutes to go it clearly should be awarded to us. Needs to be resolved ASAP so everybody knows what position is. Anybody know what the latest position is??

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington result
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 04:25:03 PM »
Expect we might hear something within the next year or two.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 03:11:03 PM »
I believe the latest position is that both clubs were due to submit a report on their thoughts about the potential repercussions, as well as the referee. Just waiting on the National League, as usual.

The longer we wait, the more chance we get the 3 points IMO.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 04:04:53 PM »
In view of any Covid repercussions, surely it would make sense for the result to stand ? It can`t be in anybody`s interests to have the match replayed . Let common sense prevail.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 05:03:12 PM »
Doesn't even really seem much appetite from their fans to replay it - they recognised we were by far the better side on the night...

SMELLS LIKE VICTORY

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 05:13:07 PM »

Since when has fairness & sense had any role in football administration?
My guess why they’re taking so long is that they’re struggling to find the most obtuse and perverse judgment possible.
They’ll probably award 3 points to Darlo because some team, somewhere, some time scored 3 goals in injury time.
And because we’re Boston. I’m not bitter, honest.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 06:03:45 PM »
Are they trying to avoid making a decision unless the 3 points are necessary in determining promotion or relegation places? 
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 12:11:05 PM »
You would assume they have at least monthly board meetings... so maybe within a couple of weeks/months/years, we'll find out.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »
I'm afraid this is Elite football run by a feeble committee. Get on with it! Either give us the 3 points or make us replay the game! :police:
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 07:36:25 PM »
I'm afraid this is Elite football run by a feeble committee. Get on with it! Either give us the 3 points or make us replay the game! :police:

No!  Just give us our 3 points please.
United we stand..................

Timshorts

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 09:32:30 PM »
You would assume they have at least monthly board meetings... so maybe within a couple of weeks/months/years, we'll find out.

It will depend on whether the decision is contested. By way of example, when I was doing the club secretary bit a few years back I had a call from the away team secretary to say they couldn't make the game as they only had 9 available players the rest being stuck on a motorway somewhere and couldn't get there. We were told that they would concede the three points. I was pissed off as we had all done a lot of work for the game, but OK, we'd accept that they couldn't turn up on that basis.

Months later, it after the league had launched an enquiry, they put in statements just lying about it. None of their players had actually turned up and we were ready to go. Yet they eventually ended up with the points without our having a chance to even see their statements.

F you shoreham Town.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 10:25:03 AM »

It will depend on whether the decision is contested. By way of example, when I was doing the club secretary bit a few years back I had a call from the away team secretary to say they couldn't make the game as they only had 9 available players the rest being stuck on a motorway somewhere and couldn't get there. We were told that they would concede the three points. I was pissed off as we had all done a lot of work for the game, but OK, we'd accept that they couldn't turn up on that basis.

Months later, it after the league had launched an enquiry, they put in statements just lying about it. None of their players had actually turned up and we were ready to go. Yet they eventually ended up with the points without our having a chance to even see their statements.

F you shoreham Town.

I was secretary of a Boston Sunday league club in the early 70's.  I contacted the secretary of the another league club, to see if the match was still on due to heavy snow. I was assured it was. After much effort we made it to the village ground.  It was obvious due to virgin snow no one had even been there to prepare the pitch.  We waited 15 minutes then left.  I was surprised to find out, their secretary had contacted the league to say we were non arrivals.  It was our word against theirs.  I demanded to see referees report, but the club would have to pay £3 to appeal. So we decided to forfeit the game and was fined £1 for our troubles.  The village team won the league that year by a lot more points than they would have got off us.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Timshorts

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 07:14:54 PM »

F you shoreham Town.

I was secretary of a Boston Sunday league club in the early 70's.  I contacted the secretary of the another league club, to see if the match was still on due to heavy snow. I was assured it was. After much effort we made it to the village ground.  It was obvious due to virgin snow no one had even been there to prepare the pitch.  We waited 15 minutes then left.  I was surprised to find out, their secretary had contacted the league to say we were non arrivals.  It was our word against theirs.  I demanded to see referees report, but the club would have to pay £3 to appeal. So we decided to forfeit the game and was fined £1 for our troubles.  The village team won the league that year by a lot more points than they would have got off us.

Prices have gone up a bit since!
To be fair to the league, the chairman/Secretary person rang me up as he heard that I was p'd off about it and gave me a chance to explain why.
Nowadays, the players etc would all take photos on their phones to show they were at the ground and the state of it etc.
We had more issues with people wanting the Christmas games cancelled so that they could go out on the lash. Our star midfield player at the time had left West ham after a disagreement of that type. According to the rumours, he'd been told to come in for training on boxing day as a youth pkayer and his response was to say "f off, I'm going out on the p*ss". A real wasted talent that one. Occasionally he'd do things that you'd not see in the Premier league but 5 minutes later he'd turn into nigel ransom.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 11:45:02 AM »
Are they trying to avoid making a decision unless the 3 points are necessary in determining promotion or relegation places?

I had a dream last night. The season was over. All points awarded except the Darlington game. Boston two points behind league leaders Spennymoor. The league decided to call it a 1-1 draw.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2020, 06:45:59 PM »

I had a dream last night. The season was over. All points awarded except the Darlington game. Boston two points behind league leaders Spennymoor. The league decided to call it a 1-1 draw.

That's not a dream, it's a bloody nightmare!!!