Author Topic: Fylde match off due to Covid  (Read 2870 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fylde match off due to Covid
« on: November 14, 2020, 11:55:25 AM »
Today's match at Fylde is off due to a member of team/staff testing positive. This will also affect the next 2 games - home to Kettering and Spennymoor.
We really need the abandoned game to be decided in our favour to get another game done with or we could be 5 games behind Gloucester before we resume.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 11:57:54 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Re: Fylde match off due to Covid
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 02:00:17 PM »
Unless someone knows any other reason, I believe this is due to the club's activities at the training ground in South Yorkshire. The infection rate there is much higher than Lincolnshire. I don't think this will be the last time this happens. What the remedy is, search me. Most of the squad/staff seem to have a connection to that part of the country. 2 weeks lock-down every time means a fixture backlog is inevitable.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 04:10:55 PM »
Unless someone knows any other reason, I believe this is due to the club's activities at the training ground in South Yorkshire. The infection rate there is much higher than Lincolnshire. I don't think this will be the last time this happens. What the remedy is, search me. Most of the squad/staff seem to have a connection to that part of the country. 2 weeks lock-down every time means a fixture backlog is inevitable.

Things are not so rosy in Boston either.  Nearly 1200 infections in the last week.  We, in this area have got away lightly up till now.  It has now hit sleepy Lincolnshire with a vengeance, stay safe guys.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 05:34:49 PM »
The fact that we are semi professional and the extra opportunities for contact with the virus at work etc must be an issue.....

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 07:52:54 AM »
Today's match at Fylde is off due to a member of team/staff testing positive. This will also affect the next 2 games - home to Kettering and Spennymoor.
We really need the abandoned game to be decided in our favour to get another game done with or we could be 5 games behind Gloucester before we resume.
I think the  abandoned game will not be awarded to us, its taking to long to hear anything.
The whole non league season is a shambles now, and l can see teams and including us forfeiting games due to not physically being able to play 3or 4 games a week.
This would go against government guidelines anyway, they want games spread out to reduce contact between players and staff.
The best thing to do is abandoned the non league season and move on to next year.
But that simply can't happen now as players need to be paid under their contract agreements.
I don't see the government paying up player contracts for us.
It's a mess and many people said it would be and never wanted the season to start, including EFL clubs.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 02:45:36 PM »
I think the  abandoned game will not be awarded to us, its taking to long to hear anything.
The whole non league season is a shambles now, and l can see teams and including us forfeiting games due to not physically being able to play 3or 4 games a week.
This would go against government guidelines anyway, they want games spread out to reduce contact between players and staff.
The best thing to do is abandoned the non league season and move on to next year.
But that simply can't happen now as players need to be paid under their contract agreements.
I don't see the government paying up player contracts for us.
It's a mess and many people said it would be and never wanted the season to start, including EFL clubs.

If we do not get awarded the match, it adds credence my conspracy theory.   :D :D :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 09:04:47 PM »
I believe this is due to the club's activities at the training ground in South Yorkshire

I would assume that the group stays in isolation from other people at the facility. Remember the squad mostly live in Yorkshie anyway, and have jobs in the daytime.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/