Author Topic: Bradford Park Avenue match OFF.  (Read 3458 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bradford Park Avenue match OFF.
« on: November 04, 2020, 08:01:45 AM »
The club site is reporting:

The National League have moved to postpone Wednesday evening's scheduled National League North fixture at Bradford Park Avenue. The postponement has arisen due to continuing uncertainty regarding the floodlights at the Horsfall Stadium. A new date for the fixture will be announced accordingly.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bradford Park Avenue match OFF.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 11:47:20 AM »
If they are not able to complete the fixture having had it moved once, surely they should have to forfeit the game?
We were not given any leeway with the FA Cup match.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 12:17:38 PM »
Different rules for league and cup competitions.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 12:45:43 PM »
Different rules for BUFC and every other club

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 05:36:53 PM »
What a farce! Spennymoor Park Avenue. The League Committee should be squirming behind their settees tonight. This is supposed to be Elite Football? 3 points and a token 3-0 win should be awarded to Pilgrims.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 09:08:30 AM »
What a farce! Spennymoor Park Avenue. The League Committee should be squirming behind their settees tonight. This is supposed to be Elite Football? 3 points and a token 3-0 win should be awarded to Pilgrims.

I am the biggest critic of Spennymoor and their underhand tactics.  But BPA is a different situation.  With every club strapped for cash in these unique and troubled times, some leeway must be given.  Okay not good for us with games mounting up, but we do not know the problem or cost of this floodlight failure.

I believe the ground is shared with the athletic club, maybe major costs have to be shared.  We are lucky compared to a lot of clubs in this league.  I think a little sympathy directed towards BPA is needed. If someone has any information that shows they have done a "Spennymoor", then obviously I will change my mind.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 09:20:02 PM »
The Bradford Telegraph & Argus up here is reporting:

The original tie was supposed to be take place last month before Avenue had to change the date due to an enforced fortnight Covid layoff.

Both teams settled on rescheduling the tie for this past Monday night but that was called off because of floodlight issues at the Horsfall Stadium.

Avenue gave themselves an extra 48 hours to fix the problem which turned out to not be long enough meaning tonight's match has now also been postponed.

Bradford have said they will announce another date for the match in the near future.

The floodlight issue also means they will kickoff early once again on Saturday against Alfreton.

Like Chorley last weekend, the 1pm start ensures the match can be played using daylight.

Park Avenue said: "As part of our continued challenges with our floodlights we have agreed with Alfreton to move this coming Saturday's game to a 1pm kick off.

"This will ensure the game can be completed without the need for additional lighting.

"With the continued support and understanding of the National League we continue to strive for quick solutions to the current floodlight issues.

"After consultation with an electrical contractor and also two supply companies we have narrowed down the problem to the feed coming into the ground from the Odsal end of the ground. Exploration and then repair work will take place immediately.

"We would also like to thank Alfreton for agreeing to move the fixture and look forward to welcoming them to the Horsfall."

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 09:01:59 AM »
The Bradford Telegraph & Argus up here is reporting:

The original tie was supposed to be take place last month before Avenue had to change the date due to an enforced fortnight Covid layoff.

Both teams settled on rescheduling the tie for this past Monday night but that was called off because of floodlight issues at the Horsfall Stadium.

Avenue gave themselves an extra 48 hours to fix the problem which turned out to not be long enough meaning tonight's match has now also been postponed.

Bradford have said they will announce another date for the match in the near future.

The floodlight issue also means they will kickoff early once again on Saturday against Alfreton.

Like Chorley last weekend, the 1pm start ensures the match can be played using daylight.

Park Avenue said: "As part of our continued challenges with our floodlights we have agreed with Alfreton to move this coming Saturday's game to a 1pm kick off.

"This will ensure the game can be completed without the need for additional lighting.

"With the continued support and understanding of the National League we continue to strive for quick solutions to the current floodlight issues.

"After consultation with an electrical contractor and also two supply companies we have narrowed down the problem to the feed coming into the ground from the Odsal end of the ground. Exploration and then repair work will take place immediately.

"We would also like to thank Alfreton for agreeing to move the fixture and look forward to welcoming them to the Horsfall."

Looks like a genuine problem.  I hope it gets resolved soon.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 07:02:06 PM »
Couldn't we have played in the afternoon?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 12:08:41 AM »
Couldn't we have played in the afternoon?

With players at work? Doubt it.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/