Author Topic: v Southport  (Read 3221 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Southport
« on: October 31, 2020, 04:58:41 PM »
Won 1-0 Jordan Thewlis.   Well done lads.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: v Southport
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 05:14:14 PM »
Excellent result!  Well played lads  B)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 05:38:12 PM »
Scrappy game in blustery conditions but dominated by boston.  They just look pretty class do this lot.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 06:08:18 PM »
No disrespect to Southport, but it looked like men against boys today, we were very rarely troubled and never really had to up the tempo, bloody frustrating that we can't go and watch, even  more so that Boris seems to want to follow his mad SAGE scientists and prolong this hysteria even further.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 06:29:03 PM »
As one of there commentators said this was the perfect away win. All round a very  professional display Platt and co in mid field ensured Southport had nothing to offer other than hoof ball. Great stuff lads UTP.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 09:02:36 PM »
Great performance and a good grity win.
But should we be scoring more goals ??
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 10:33:32 AM »
We played better on Tuesday, and drew. Maybe we should be scoring more, but Southport provided little threat in horrible conditions (always is there!) so a clean sheet and 3 points is fantastic.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 06:20:12 PM »

gatley pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 08:47:14 PM »
Missed my annual trip to Southport this year. Always enjoyed the day out by train from Manchester and good bars in the town before going to the ground and then back to Moels Cop for the return train journey. On one occasion this was the first time I met Me No Skinny, wonder what happened to him. Also see Ken with his camera on a few occasions. Remember one year when it was pouring with rain, and was it Shaun Teale who scored an own goal to give us victory - a bit of a vague memory.