Author Topic: v Telford  (Read 3756 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Telford
« on: October 24, 2020, 05:10:05 PM »
Won 3-2, well done lads a great start to the rest of our season. :)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Telford
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 05:11:53 PM »
Great game to watch. Couple of stunning goals by Telford and a great Boston performance. Streaming worked well despite the awful conditions- camera needed regular sponging. Bring on Tuesday

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 05:47:55 PM »
Great result, well done lads!  B)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 05:49:00 PM »
Great result and the performance looked good based on what I saw.

Streaming didn't work too well for me, unfortunately. I had a lot of problems with buffering (worst case scenario missed 9 minutes of the first half), and was constantly messing about trying to restart the stream throughout the second half. I was watching on my tablet and casting to my TV via a Google chromecast, what technologies are other people using and are they any better?

The youth team stream in midweek worked much better than today's, so it might not be an issue with my equipment - could be weather related. But still, if there is something out there which is more reliable than what I've got I'd like to know about it.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 05:57:38 PM »
I had similar problems. The streaming was generally fine on the phone but not when I cast to the TV. I have no problems casting BT Sport or anything else to my TV so don't think the problem is my end. Any advice gratefully received!

BostonTilIDie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 06:12:34 PM »
I used my firestick and used the Firefox browser on there so could watch on TV worked perfectly for me.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 08:06:54 PM »
Using Chromecast I too had a few short outages. It was fine for youth match the other night so can only assume there was some temporary issue with using the steam on chromecast. Will try it again next time and plug laptop into TV if it happens again. Overall though got to say the streaming service was good and happy to pay for it.

Considering players haven't been able to train thought it was a good performance against a decent Telford side. Many notable performances Thewlis, platt, green, to name a few who stood out. Additions of Green, Hawkridge, Burrow really improved upon the side we had from last season.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
I tried chrome cast for fa cup last season and didn't fair well. I just plug laptop into TV via hdmi and works really well.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 09:24:54 PM »
I streamed it through my playstation 4. Onky buffered a couple of times, think the camera position would benefit from being a little further back, not only would it increase the viewing angle especially up close but it would help with the inclement weather

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 04:32:19 PM »
I plug my router directly into my TV via a earthanet cable and it works perfectly.
But obviously this is only useful if you have a web browser installed on your TV and associated connection sockets.
Failing that l would use a laptop and stream it via a HDMI cable like someone else on here suggested.
I tried through the WIFI for the Leamington game and it kept buffering, mainly because l have other people connected to it most of the time including me.
I have now installed a WIFI booster so that the other members of the family don't get a weak signal, it works perfectly, one of the IT guys at work gave me it, and helped me install and set it up via facetime.
I hope this helps.3
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 06:13:39 PM »
Great performance considering the lack of training. Expected us to be overrun by the full-time opposition but matched up right to the end. Well done!

United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »
I streamed it through my playstation 4. Onky buffered a couple of times, think the camera position would benefit from being a little further back, not only would it increase the viewing angle especially up close but it would help with the inclement weather

If they move it further back, the stand will be in the way when looking left. It seems to be placed there to minimise the main stand uprights getting in the way. The camera position is directly above the "home" dugout.

It's expected that tomorrow's game will be our last at Trinity as a home team.. with the big gap in home matches to come.

I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 08:42:01 PM »
Great result and the performance looked good based on what I saw.

Streaming didn't work too well for me, unfortunately. I had a lot of problems with buffering (worst case scenario missed 9 minutes of the first half), and was constantly messing about trying to restart the stream throughout the second half. I was watching on my tablet and casting to my TV via a Google chromecast, what technologies are other people using and are they any better?

The youth team stream in midweek worked much better than today's, so it might not be an issue with my equipment - could be weather related. But still, if there is something out there which is more reliable than what I've got I'd like to know about it.

Chromecast working fine first half today. Reckon it was a temporary issue with inplayer and chromecast on Saturday.