Author Topic: Match off!  (Read 7476 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Match off!
« on: October 10, 2020, 10:26:54 AM »
We were informed this morning that a third player is now showing Covid-19 symptoms.

"Therefore following our protocols; the medical advice received and, above all, to try to keep everyone safe, today's fixture against Guiseley has been postponed.

"Of course we will be fully supporting the affected players through this period."
United we stand..................

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Match off!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 10:35:25 AM »
Bugger.  The right thing to do.  Stay safe.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 11:34:03 AM »
The right thing indeed. But it would be just after I sorted out a season ticket and had got my code for watching the games!

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 11:39:11 AM »

Games at Hereford and Kettering also off. If our cup match against Hemel is postponed on Tuesday and we cant rearrange within seven days we will forfeit the game?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 11:58:21 AM »

Games at Hereford and Kettering also off. If our cup match against Hemel is postponed on Tuesday and we cant rearrange within seven days we will forfeit the game?

The second wave is coming, be safe.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 12:00:23 PM »
The right thing indeed. But it would be just after I sorted out a season ticket and had got my code for watching the games!

Same here :( :(

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 04:09:14 PM »
I wouldn't think that would happen, in normal circumstances yes, but these are not normal times.
With the infection rate rising, l can see many more clubs being in the same position.

"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Devon Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 06:54:32 PM »
Anybody out there know what happens to my(our) £7.99 , as match has been cancelled ?

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 07:10:56 PM »
A few games on in the EFL where clubs have had players missing because they’ve tested positive for Covid.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 08:34:19 AM »
A few games on in the EFL where clubs have had players missing because they’ve tested positive for Covid.
Liverpool had Mane out last week for testing positive. So you do not have to postpone the game.  If we can prove we isolated the player's concerned, and we carried out tests on remaining players.  If these tests are negative, surely we can play the fixture.  It's no different to the Liverpool situation.

I know the extra testing will cost, but the financial incentive will be there.  I cannot see any difference to the Liverpool game.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 08:57:07 AM »
Yes paying for private tests for players looks to be the only way the cup match will go ahead otherwise we will have to forfeit

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 09:50:37 AM »
If we can't get the game on, neither club will get any prize money. Even the losers get 1500 quid or something. Would it be worth just playing the youth team if no first reamers can, play? Or would Gainsborough want that money to get the ground open, lights on etc.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 10:13:10 AM »
If we can't get the game on, neither club will get any prize money. Even the losers get 1500 quid or something. Would it be worth just playing the youth team if no first reamers can, play? Or would Gainsborough want that money to get the ground open, lights on etc.

In that case wouldn't it benefit Hemel Hempstead to make a contribution towards getting the ground ready?
United we stand..................

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 12:47:55 PM »

Presumably the league would then expect us to complete our fixtures over the next couple of weeks with the youth team as well.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 04:38:26 PM »

Presumably the league would then expect us to complete our fixtures over the next couple of weeks with the youth team as well.

If they did, it would be no hardship.  BPA are in the same boat.