Author Topic: Fixtures  (Read 4015 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fixtures
« on: September 08, 2020, 01:33:08 PM »
FIXTURES 2020-2021
Saturday October 3: Emirates FA Cup 2Q
Tuesday October 6: Leamington (A)
Saturday October 10: Guiseley (H)
Tuesday October 13: Emirates FA Cup 3Q
Saturday October 17: Bradford Park Avenue (A)
Saturday October 24: AFC Telford United (H) – or Emirates FA Cup 4Q
Saturday October 31: Southport (A)

Saturday November 7: Chorley (H) – or Emirates FA Cup R1
Tuesday November 10: Darlington (A)
Saturday November 14: AFC Fylde (A)
Tuesday November 17: Kettering Town (H)
Saturday November 21: Spennymoor Town (H)
Saturday November 28: Blyth Spartans (A)

Tuesday December 1: Gloucester City (A)
Saturday December 5: Buildbase FA Trophy R2
Saturday December 12: Chester FC (H)
Saturday December 19: Buildbase FA Trophy R3
Saturday December 26: Alfreton Town (H)
Monday December 28: Farsley Celtic (A)

Saturday January 2: Alfreton Town (A)
Saturday January 9: York City (H)
Saturday January 16: Gateshead (A)
Saturday January 23: Brackley Town (H)
Saturday January 30: Hereford FC (H)

Saturday February 6: Curzon Ashton (A)
Tuesday February 9: Kidderminster Harriers (H)
Saturday February 13: Guiseley (A)
Saturday February 20: Leamington (H)
Saturday February 27: AFC Telford United (A)

Saturday March 6: Bradford Park Avenue (H)
Saturday March 13: Darlington (H)
Saturday March 20: Chorley (A)
Tuesday March 23: Kettering Town (A)
Saturday March 27: AFC Fylde (H)

Friday April 2: Spennymoor Town (A)
Monday April 5: Blyth Spartans (H)
Saturday April 10: Chester FC (A)
Tuesday April 13: Gloucester City (H)
Saturday April 17: Southport (H)
Saturday April 24: Kidderminster Harriers (A)

Saturday May 1: Farsley Celtic (H)
Monday May 3: York City (A)
Saturday May 8: Gateshead (H)
Saturday May 15: Brackley Town (A)
Saturday May 22: Hereford FC (A)
Saturday May 29: Curzon Ashton (H)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Kirtonian

• View Profile
Re: Fixtures
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »
As Leamington is approximately the nearest club to me in the Midlands, will spectators be allowed or is that a stupid question?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 09:56:15 AM »
At the moment, no - awaiting Government confirmation after the next round of spectator event trials, however these have been downgraded to maximum capacity of 1000.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 11:13:52 AM »
I wonder how these clubs will cope....

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 04:24:48 PM »
If things go pear shaped and crowds are banned, a lot of clubs will go under.  I wonder if season ticket owners could have a pass to some kind of live streaming?  With no income, perhaps the club could offer season tickets with a duel purpose.

Say, normal cost for the season ticket, but until crowds are allowed back, access to some kind of viewing.  Not ideal ( playoff streaming was poor ) .  The club needs revenue, and this option may tempt people to put their hands in their pocket.  A good uptake for season tickets would give the club some breathing space.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 09:21:16 PM »
If things go pear shaped and crowds are banned, a lot of clubs will go under.  I wonder if season ticket owners could have a pass to some kind of live streaming?  With no income, perhaps the club could offer season tickets with a duel purpose.

Say, normal cost for the season ticket, but until crowds are allowed back, access to some kind of viewing.  Not ideal ( playoff streaming was poor ) .  The club needs revenue, and this option may tempt people to put their hands in their pocket.  A good uptake for season tickets would give the club some breathing space.

Streaming isn't cheap. The coverage we had (which actually was quite good I thought, given the limitations) was I think done in conjunction with BT and as big a company as they are, I doubt they have the resources to cover step 2 league games.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 11:01:58 PM »
Talking of live streaming notts county announced they are streaming notts county v Boston United friendly on Tuesday 22nd. On YouTube for free I believe like they did for their last friendly.

Live streaming could be done. Would really depend on clubs getting a good  deal in place with one of the streaming  platforms with clubs having to provide the video feed. All clubs at our level already film matches, using this existing footage for the live stream would make it more viable. Anyone know viewing figures / income for playoff games?

Hopefully fans will be allowed in October but if not will season not start or start with live streaming?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:30:51 PM by Lee Newell »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 11:32:47 AM »

Streaming isn't cheap. The coverage we had (which actually was quite good I thought, given the limitations) was I think done in conjunction with BT and as big a company as they are, I doubt they have the resources to cover step 2 league games.

I would hope the various powers that be, would be sympathetic to all clubs.  I hope they have a contingency plan ready to put in place.  Clubs at all levels are at risk.  A universal streaming platform would be the answer, pay per view.  Any enterprising media company could make a nice profit from this mess we are in.  Saying that, it would have to be okayed by the FA.  Being a cynic, I would think if it did not suit the Premiership, it would be dead in the water.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 01:50:24 PM »

I would hope the various powers that be, would be sympathetic to all clubs.  I hope they have a contingency plan ready to put in place.  Clubs at all levels are at risk.  A universal streaming platform would be the answer, pay per view.  Any enterprising media company could make a nice profit from this mess we are in.  Saying that, it would have to be okayed by the FA.  Being a cynic, I would think if it did not suit the Premiership, it would be dead in the water.

No I don't think anyone would object to it under the circumstances, I'm just not sure the logistics are feasible for a lot of clubs at this level. I hope I'm wrong as obviously I'd much rather watch Boston online than not at all!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 05:10:47 PM »
I think that streaming of games was mentioned at a National League meeting (with clubs) the other day. The issue is going to be how it would be done.

From Ollie Bayliss (BBC non-league journalist) on Twitter:

- UEFA's "3pm blackout” has been lifted, making the streaming of live matches a possibility

- Production of match programmes this season is optional

- New Balance are replacing Jako as the League's 'Technical Partner'

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 06:56:20 PM »
Talking of live streaming notts county announced they are streaming notts county v Boston United friendly on Tuesday 22nd. On YouTube for free I believe like they did for their last friendly.

Live streaming could be done. Would really depend on clubs getting a good  deal in place with one of the streaming  platforms with clubs having to provide the video feed. All clubs at our level already film matches, using this existing footage for the live stream would make it more viable. Anyone know viewing figures / income for playoff games?

Hopefully fans will be allowed in October but if not will season not start or start with live streaming?

Notts County friendly now cancelled.